Example file for testing Comet

Shadi Nayeri

May 28, 2024, 9:31:25 AMMay 28
to Comet ms/ms db search support
Hello All,

I am a newbie working with Comet. after Comet set up, I tried to run a the comet.params.high-high on a sample mzML file and I didn't get any result. (I changed the db.fasta path and the spectra scan range is set to 0).

The program runs but I don't get any results. I was wondering what variables should be changed for a test run and if there is any sample test file to run the analysis on and be more familiar with the outcome.

Thanks,
Shadi

Jimmy Eng

May 31, 2024, 5:29:56 PMMay 31
to Comet ms/ms db search support
Shadi,

You can find an example yeast test.mzML, comet.params, and yeast.fasta at the URL below.  There are yeast.txt and yeast.pep.xml output files present as well in the zip file.  The comet.params file is for the latest 2024.01.0 release.

If you were using the 2024.01.0 release under Windows, go and download the binary again as I just now fixed a bug that manifested itself only on that platform.

Jimmy