NI AT-MIO 16 XE 10 on Slackware 15

Matt Koch

Dec 25, 2023, 1:57:08 PM12/25/23
to Comedi: Linux Control and Measurement Device Interface
Hello,

I am experimenting with a VERY old (> 20 years) system, AMD Athlon XP 1700+ 32 bit with subject ISA card. Have recompiled stock 32 bit smp Slackware 15 kernel to include the kernel's comedi module. At end of boot, dmesg shows that the card is recognized, but neither comedi nor ni_atmio module are loaded.

Have specified "options comedi comedi_num_legacy_minors=4" in "/etc/modpobe.d/comedi.conf", and running "modprobe ni_atmio" loads the "ni_atmio" module as well as the "comedi" module, as verified by "lsmod". Also, "dev/comedi0" through "/dev/comedi3" show up on "ls -al /dev", with "crw------- 1 root root 98, 0 ...". Makes me think all is well.

However, "comedi_config /dev/comedi0 ni_atmio" results in "Configure failed!" No such device\nCheck kernel log for more information\nPossible reasons for failure: Unknown". And "dmesg" just shows "comedi: version 0.7.76 - http://www.comedi.org".

Doing all of the above as root (for now, just to get it going - hoping to generate appropriate group later on).

Am at my wit's end, after scouring web all day for solutions. Any help would be MUCH appreciated! BONUS: Any hint as to how the above could eventually be automated to happen at boot would be awesome! I suppose "/sbin/modprobe ni-atmio" and "comedi_config /dev/comedi0 ni_atmio" in "/etc/rc.d/rc.modules.local" might be a start?

Thanks,

Matt Koch