Compilation error: comedi_internal_trigger@@v0.9.0

Gudjon I. Gudjonsson

Jul 19, 2020, 5:13:13 AM7/19/20
to Comedi: Linux Control and Measurement Device Interface
Hi list

There is a compilation error in Debian, see:

I guess this is the same in other Linux systems. The problem is
that I have hardly any clue on how to solve this. Can you please
help me?

Regards
Gudjon

Ian Abbott

Jul 19, 2020, 7:26:39 AM7/19/20
to comed...@googlegroups.com, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson
Hi Gudjon,

It seems to be caused by a missing underscore prefix on the function
name that the export alias for comedi_internal_trigger links to. (It's
been incorrect since 2008, but hasn't caused any build failure until now!)

This patch that I have just committed to the comedilib git repo fixes it:

https://github.com/Linux-Comedi/comedilib/commit/72caada920cfdc3c8156c4d3e833754586bfa115.patch

("Fix export alias for comedi_internal_trigger")

Best regards,
Ian Abbott

--
-=( Ian Abbott <abb...@mev.co.uk> || Web: www.mev.co.uk )=-
-=( MEV Ltd. is a company registered in England & Wales. )=-