Simultaneous analog in and output streaming

Henk Postma

Apr 16, 2021, 5:20:25 PM4/16/21
to Comedi: Linux Control and Measurement Device Interface
Hi all,

First of all, thank you for the great work on this driver. We've been running critical DAQ jobs with it since 2008 on various Ubuntu versions.

We currently use separate programs for doing analog in and output, using modified versions of the mmap.c and ao_waveform.c programs, using a NI board, but not simultaneously.

We would now like to do rapid (almost) simultaneous analog in and output, for instance to drive a device with a sine wave and measure the resulting delayed sine wave.

I do not think we can combine multiple subdevices into a single command structure, correct?

Is the recommended approach that we prepare two separate commands, one for the input subdevice, and one for the output subdevice, and trigger them both at the same time with a single comedi_internal_trigger?

I have confirmed that we can run both binaries for input and output at the same time without conflicting.

Thanks!

-- Henk