Looking for software related PhD opportunities

Steve Ma

Jan 13, 2023, 6:40:08 PM1/13/23
to COMBINE discussions
Hello everyone!

My name is Steve, and I'm looking for a software-related Ph.D. opportunity, preferably in Europe.

Here's a little bit of my background, I recently graduated from the University of Washington, Seattle, with a master's degree in Computer Science (2022) and an honors bachelor's degree in Computer Science (2021). I was advised by Dr. Joseph (https://sites.google.com/uw.edu/joseph-hellerstein/teaching?authuser=0), and I worked with researchers in Dr. Herbert Sauro's lab for the past three years (https://bioe.uw.edu/portfolio-items/sauro/). I'm working full-time as a Software Engineer at NVIDIA and part-time as a research consultant at the Center for Reproducible Biomedical Modeling.

My research interests include using software tools to help modelers build scalable and reliable models. The most recent work that I have led is vscode-antimony (https://github.com/sys-bio/vscode-antimony), a visual studio code extension to help systems biology researchers better develop biochemical models. My bachelor's work was on testing kinetics models.

I have attached my resume to this email as well. Please let me know if you're looking for any prospective Ph.D. students!

Thanks so much!

Steve