2021 SPARC FAIR Codeathon - call for proposals

David Nickerson

Apr 15, 2021, 11:24:55 PM4/15/21
to combine...@googlegroups.com, CellML Discussion List
Hi all,

The 2021 SPARC FAIR Codeathon may be of interest to some of you. We are currently calling for project proposals as described below. Shortly following the selection of projects we will be calling for participants.

Feel free to reach out via fair-codeat...@sparc.science with any questions or contact me directly.

Cheers,
David.

Join us for the 2021 SPARC FAIR Codeathon
Project proposals due May 10th

Eligibility: Competitors from the United States and abroad are eligible.

Prizes Available: Several prizes of up to US$10,000 each will be awarded.

Help make SPARC data, tools, and resources more Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable.

In this codeathon, we are looking for exciting projects which use SPARC data and/or SPARC tools and resources in novel ways, particularly in enhancing, demonstrating, or measuring the findability, accessibility, interoperability, or reusability (FAIR) of the data.

Projects must 1) demonstrate the value of SPARC's public data and/or 2) directly integrate into or with SPARC tools and resources to improve their existing capabilities via the various APIs and services available.

Access to training and computational resources in the cloud will be available to turn your idea into a working prototype. Various SPARC experts will be available to help with technical advice as needed.

For more information visit the SPARC FAIR Codeathon webpage.

Please share this information broadly with your contacts and networks.

Thank you!

SPARC Portal Team