Computational Cell Biology Workshop Online Aug. 3-5

Blinov,Michael

Jun 25, 2020, 12:23:42 PM6/25/20
to combine...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colleagues,

Our annual Computational Cell Biology Workshop will be offered online, August 3-5, 2020.

We plan to provide didactic content to introduce participants to modeling,  including tutorials for the  COPASI, SpringSaLaD and Virtual Cell software platforms. We also will offer participants virtual “hands-on” help in developing models in support of their individual research. It will include a combination of plenary sessions, parallel sessions and breakout sessions for one-on-one  model building. Throughout the 3 days, there will be opportunities for participants to describe their own modeling projects.

To apply for the course, please email to Les Loew (l...@uchc.edu) answering the questions below; this will help us design the workshop to optimize its benefit to you:

  1. Which tools are you interested in learning:
    1. COPASI http://copasi.org/
    2. Virtual Cell http://vcell.org/
    3. SpringSaLaD https://vcell.org/ssalad
  1. Are you
    1. A novice at modeling who can benefit from general introductions to kinetic and reaction-diffusion systems?
    2. An experienced modeler interested in advanced topics? If so, please list some topics that you would like to learn about.
  1. Do you have a modeling project that you would like to work on with our help? If so, please send us a short description of your project.

The deadline for application is July 10th.

Thank you,
Michael Blinov