GSoC '22 Introduction: Create Jupyter Notebooks showcasing COMBINE Standards

aditya9...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2022, 10:08:57 AM6/14/22
to COMBINE discussions

Hi All!

I am Aditya, a Master’s student in Computer Science at Lakehead University, Ontario, Canada. I am pleased to share that I have been accepted as a Google Summer of Code Contributor under NRNB for this summer. I’ll be working on the project “Create Jupyter Notebooks showcasing COMBINE Standards”, mentored by Dr. Matthias König and Dr. Augustin Luna.

The overall goal of the project is to develop Jupyter notebooks showcasing COMBINE standards and libraries. The notebooks will be developed around one common theme; the famous repressilator model. The project will demonstrate how to construct, encode, visualize, simulate, annotate and distribute computational models using COMBINE standards and libraries.

This project will contribute open resources which will

  • introduce and educate newcomers to standards for computational models.

  • aid in navigating the vast online resources available in this area by providing a common entry point.

  • provide an interactive introduction to the libraries with code examples for important examples.

  • provide testing of COMBINE libraries via Continuous Integration (CI).

Further details about my project can be found at the following resources:

  1.  Project Proposal

  2. Project Idea: https://github.com/nrnb/GoogleSummerOfCode/issues/192

  3. Project Repository: https://github.com/combine-org/combine-notebooks

  4. Project Blog: https://combine-notebooks-gsoc-2022.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to reach out to know more about the project or provide any suggestions. Looking forward to having a great summer with NRNB community!

Thanks & Regards,

Aditya Singhal

Andreas Dräger

Jun 14, 2022, 4:42:19 PM6/14/22
to aditya9...@gmail.com, COMBINE discussions
Dear Aditya,

Thank you for informing us about your exciting project. I am convinced this will be very useful and of great help for many students and other parties interested in computational modeling and systems biology. Let me wish you lots of success and a wonderful summer coding experience!

With best regards

Dr. Andreas Draeger
Assistant Professor
---
University of Tübingen
Institute for Bioinformatics and Medical Informatics (IBMI)
Computational Systems Biology of Infections and Antimicrobial-Resistant Pathogens
Sand 14 · Office #C108 · 72076 Tübingen · Germany
Phone: +49-7071-29-70459 · Fax: +49-7071-29-5152
Web: http://systems-biology.info · Twitter: @dr_drae
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/systemsbiology