Re: BIOROBOOST invitation for ISO/TC 276 members

Chris Myers

Sep 21, 2020, 11:27:07 PM9/21/20
to Golebiewski, Martin, combine...@googlegroups.com, combin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

Thanks for sharing. Some of us have indeed been involved with them. I attended one of their earlier meetings, and we published an opinion piece as a result. Had not heard about the round table, but seems interesting.

Chris

> [...]
> Amtsgericht Mannheim / HRB 337446
> Managing Director: Dr. Gesa Schönberger
> Scientific Director: PD Wolfgang Müller
>

> Am 21.09.20, 08:53 schrieb "Lena Krieger" <lena.k...@din.de>:
>
> Dear ISO/TC 276 members,
>
> Please find the invitation to a round-table discussion, organized by a European research project which could be of interest to you, below:
>

> This is an invitation to the online Round Table organized in the frame of BIOROBOOST.
>
> BIOROBOOST is a Horizon 2020* project that assesses the convenience and opportunity to develop standards in synthetic biology. It is largely agreed that adopting standards will bring clear benefits and impulse synthetic biology to its rightful place in society and industry, capable of providing a large range of solutions. But, at the same time, it is typically believed that standards are accompanied by significant adoption costs, losses in flexibility, extensive dedication and do not add to the scientists CV.
>
> As the BIOROBOOST Consortium is mainly integrated by universities and research centers, the views of the industry in particular are very much desired and welcome on the above debate.
>
> BIOROBOOST called for a Round Table in Brussels last April that had to be cancelled due to the pandemic COVID-19. The project has continued working and making progress over these months and it is in the position to call for an online Round Table that will take place as follows:
>
> BIOROBOOST ROUND TABLE
> 1ST OCTOBER (15.00-19.00H, Brussels time)
> ONLINE EVENT
> Participation is free of charge
>
> Please register in the following link https://forms.gle/gLdxcC1zLhEBDbFB6 You will be contacted back with the link to the Round Table.
>
> Best regards,
> Elena ORDOZGOITI DE LA RICA
> Jefe de Agroalimentación y Servicios
>
> Asociación Española de Normalización, UNE
> T: (+34) 914 326 057
> M: (+34) 609 77 34 86
> E-mail: eor...@une.org
> UNE BIOROBOOST PARTNER
>
> *Horizon 2020 is European Union program that finances research and innovation projects in several areas within the European context which is expected to lead to more advances, discoveries and first worldwide, transforming the great ideas suggested by the laboratories into market products
>

> With best regards
>
> Dipl.-Ing. Lena Krieger
>

> --
> <Bioroboost_RoundTable_Program_OCT2020.pdf>

Golebiewski, Martin

Sep 22, 2020, 11:35:39 AM9/22/20
to Chris Myers, combine...@googlegroups.com, combin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

You might remember that Manuel was invited speaker at COMBINE last year at HITS and spoke about BIOROBOOST. In the meantime they enforced the link to ISO/TC 276 Biotechnology (the ISO committee were I lead this working group) and plan to also do standardization more formally. That is why also the chair of ISO/TC 276 will participate in this panel.

Did you forward this to the SBOL communities?

Thanks,

http://www.h-its.org <http://www.h-its.org/>