Let's make some PRs! Bring your laptop!

Rachel Slaby

Jan 12, 2017, 11:45:20 PM1/12/17
to Columbus Ruby Brigade
Hi Everyone!

Monday, 1/16/2017, is our next meeting and after Zach's talk "JavaScript for Rails Apps: You're Working Too Fucking Hard," we'd like to make some improvements to the CRB site and our open source projects! Bring your laptop and let's talk about what we have currently, make some decisions on what to do with what we have in https://github.com/columbusrb, and make some changes.

One of the things I'd like us to do is get a list of companies on the CRB site (a la https://github.com/columbusrb/columbusrb.com/pull/8/). If you need permission to put your company's name on our site, please try to get it before Monday (I don't know if that's actually a concern but thought I'd mention it just in case).

If you have suggestions, let us know by making some issues on the website's repo! I'll be putting in a bunch of issues myself as well. Feel free to create issues here: https://github.com/columbusrb/columbusrb.com/issues/new

If you don't know how to code, or don't know how to use Github, don't worry! We will walk through it with anyone who needs it, and we have documentation that needs updated that is just as important as code. Did you hear that fellow developers? Documentation is JUST AS IMPORTANT AS CODE.

For people who were signed up for Slack before Jan 9th, you should have a ballot for voting for the 2017 Board of Directors in your email. If you don't see it, please check your spam folder. Apologies to people who didn't get the ballot, we'll do better next year. Voting will be closed during the meeting on the 16th.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me; I'm belongstorachel on Slack (https://crb-slack-invite.herokuapp.com/).

Hope to see you Monday!