August meeting

John Andrews

Aug 6, 2014, 1:27:46 PM8/6/14
to columbu...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I'm calling off tonight's meet-up due to lack of response and needing to deal with some other unrelated stuff. If anyone cares about having a meeting in September please let's discuss it on the list.

Would it be helpful if the group had a different focus? Is Clojure too narrow of a topic for Columbus' audience? I'm wondering if we would get better turn-out if we were to re-form into a general functional programming group.

If someone wants to keep the current Clojure focus please say so because I'm feeling pretty discouraged about the concept at the moment.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

-John

Gmail

Aug 6, 2014, 2:21:28 PM8/6/14
to columbu...@googlegroups.com
Broader focus on FP might do better. Wed. Nights are rough for me. Thursday's better.

Sent from my iPhone

Jason Duffy

Aug 8, 2014, 9:38:18 PM8/8/14
to columbu...@googlegroups.com
I would be interested in a September meeting.  I'm new to Clojure (and relatively new to functional programming in general).

Rodney Smith

Sep 4, 2014, 8:24:26 AM9/4/14
to columbu...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, I'm new in town and was excited to see there was a Clojure group.  I drove up to the meetup site last night and sadly there were only crickets:(

Anyway, I'm joining the mailing list now to stay in the loop.