Chocolate Cafe again this week?

Bryce

Jun 3, 2008, 1:13:15 PM6/3/08
to Columbus Coworking
I think only 3 or so ppl made it out last week—should we try again at
Chocolate Cafe? I myself may not be coming out this week, weather
depending. If it's nice, I'm taking the day off to hit the Columbus
Arts Festival w/the fam. http://www.gcac.org/fest/

If rainy, I'll be there for sure.

- bryce

Andrew Hunn

Jun 3, 2008, 1:23:03 PM6/3/08
to columbus-...@googlegroups.com
I'm planning on coming out once again. Chad, Tyler and I worked there
for most of the early afternoon last week and it was a fairly pleasant
place.

Friday looks sunny and 91: have fund at the art festival Bryce!

--

Andrew Hunn
an...@deveritate.org

Craig Muth

Jun 4, 2008, 12:16:40 AM6/4/08
to columbus-...@googlegroups.com
Any plans to get an actual space?  How long is this cafe on Friday thing going to continue?

--Craig

Bryce Glass

Jun 4, 2008, 2:02:22 PM6/4/08
to columbus-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Craig -- yes, plans are proceeding (albeit slowly) with space acquisition. And the Friday thing will continue until folks stop coming!

regards,
Bryce

Barry Chandler

Jun 4, 2008, 6:09:37 PM6/4/08
to columbus-...@googlegroups.com
I hope to be there this week!

Barry

- bryce

Checked by AVG.
7:00 AM

Checked by AVG.
7:10 AM

Craig

Jun 4, 2008, 9:23:42 PM6/4/08
to Columbus Coworking, John Andrews
> Hi Craig -- yes, plans are proceeding (albeit slowly) with space
> acquisition.

Cool. What are the plans?

I touched base with the cospacecolumbus guy and he's kind of changing
plans. He's not actively seeking people to join (albeit he still
sounds open to it), so it sounds like you're sort of the only game in
town:)

--Craig

Tyler Kremberg

Jun 4, 2008, 10:11:44 PM6/4/08
to columbus-...@googlegroups.com
I'll be off from coworking for the next several weeks as I'm going on my East Coast, then World Tour, DJ-ing in abandoned airplane hangars and burning down castles throughout Bavaria. I'll return to Columbus three weeks from today.

On a note related to Craig's question about actually getting a physical space.
I've been thinking about cospace, and while my initial reaction is one of wanting to support someone with a cool space/ related idea, I don't think that its existence at all conflicts with what we are going for.  And also lacks the incredibly valuable social capital we have built by merely getting to know each other over the past few months working together once a week.

There have been several times where I've talked about how Jason is doing some cool project at Black Ant, or Jim is being crazy, or Bryce or Andy or Chad or Barry or Issac or... is doing something cool that is inspiring, or thinking about something in a different way.  Or even that none of those people are just some guy sitting on the other side of the coffee shop with headphones on.

Anyway, I think there are lessons to be learned from cospace, but I think the most important fear it has instilled in me is a fear of splitting our group into different factions.  I'm sure if we all made a list of features that would be deal-breakers for us, they would be much different from the things that would actually be drawbacks from joining and contributing to a space that actually existed.  (WHAT! only a black and white printer, no way I'm working there!)

My point is that its a fine line between taking charge and taking everybody's concerns into consideration.
If freaking skylab (http://www.myspace.com/skylabgallery) can get their shit together, I have full confidence that we can as well.

Anyway, sorry if I'm bordering on ranting here.  I just want to let my excitement hopefully shine through to others.  I'll throw down, I'll put up shelves, build desks, sell drugs to kids to raise money, but the most important thing is for it to happen.

Thanks for listening, see you all in three weeks!

Tyler

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Andrew Hunn <an...@deveritate.org> wrote:

--
Tyler Kremberg