Reviving the Parkour Club

Qian

Oct 10, 2011, 10:41:47 PM10/10/11
to Columbia Parkour
Hey guys,

Since Philip graduated and Chris has gone MIA, a couple of people and
I were thinking of reviving the club again for this semester. Please
send me an email if you are interested, and I will get back to you
with more details.

Best,
Qian

Leland Gill

Oct 10, 2011, 11:00:30 PM10/10/11
to columbi...@googlegroups.com
yes!

Mario Gabriele

Oct 10, 2011, 11:35:32 PM10/10/11
to columbi...@googlegroups.com
Definitely!

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Leland Gill <leland...@gmail.com> wrote:
yes!

Inhak Kim

Oct 11, 2011, 12:30:06 AM10/11/11
to columbi...@googlegroups.com
Hell yeah.
--
Inhak Kim
Columbia University 2013

mr2...@columbia.edu

Oct 11, 2011, 8:54:20 AM10/11/11
to columbi...@googlegroups.com

Lets do it.

Richard Leong

Oct 11, 2011, 9:03:35 AM10/11/11
to columbi...@googlegroups.com

I was actually going to send this email out myself next week haha. I'm down, and let me if you guys need help organizing leadership for the club.

~Richard

Amy Huang

Oct 11, 2011, 10:50:40 AM10/11/11
to columbi...@googlegroups.com
Sure. But I'll just be a groupie cause I graduated. XD

~ Amy

--
Amy Huang
Columbia University - Columbia College 2011

Qian

Oct 11, 2011, 11:16:09 AM10/11/11
to Columbia Parkour
We'd love to take you up on the offer. We are currently trying the
gauge the level of interest in the club.

The current plan is to try and hold regular practices every week since
the weather is so wonderful outside.

A couple of people will work in the background with administrative
issues (PR for the club, club status, practice times, location,
instructors, etc.)

If things go smoothly, we can start practice as early as next week.

On Oct 11, 9:03 am, Richard Leong <rel2...@columbia.edu> wrote:
> I was actually going to send this email out myself next week haha. I'm down,
> and let me if you guys need help organizing leadership for the club.
>
> ~Richard
> On Oct 11, 2011 8:54 AM, <mr2...@columbia.edu> wrote:
>

> > Lets do it.
>
> > Quoting Inhak Kim <inha...@gmail.com>:
>
> >  Hell yeah.
>
> >> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Mario Gabriele  <mgabriel...@gmail.com
>
> >>  Definitely!

Peter Wallerson

Oct 11, 2011, 11:50:59 AM10/11/11
to columbi...@googlegroups.com
I won't be doing anything adminstrative, but count me in as a member

mr2...@columbia.edu

Oct 11, 2011, 2:00:56 PM10/11/11
to columbi...@googlegroups.com
I'd be willing to help with some of the administrative tasks if you
guys need it.

Max

Leland Gill

Oct 11, 2011, 8:05:38 PM10/11/11
to columbi...@googlegroups.com

I could help out some too. organize some body shredding work outs ;)

Qian

Oct 11, 2011, 11:50:43 PM10/11/11
to Columbia Parkour
Hey guys,

Let's have a quick meeting this Saturday (10/15) at 10am at the
Sundial to discuss how we are going to do everything. I'll also
prepare a flyer for the club that we can distribute across campus in
preparation for next week's general body meeting/practice. If you can
help out in any way, shape, or form, or just want to say hi to
everyone, please drop by.

See you guys then,
-Qian

Qian Yu

Oct 12, 2011, 11:10:24 AM10/12/11
to Columbia Parkour
On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Sam Goldstein <sam.gol...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Qian -

I keep replying to the list, but keep getting error messages saying I can't mail the group...!

Below please find my previous emails!

Wish I were still there, but founding a parkour and freerunning club at Bates. Great turnout so far! I'll be in the city next Wed-Sun if anyone wants to jam. Check out my YouTube (samgold89)!

SG

Sweet, Qian. I'll shoot you guys an email (or text? #?) when I'm in the city! And yea, all this nice weather has been making me crazy excited to get outside!

SG

Qian Yu

Oct 12, 2011, 10:59:15 PM10/12/11
to Columbia Parkour
A small change of plans. Some people contacted me and said they
couldn't make Sat morning. So let's meet on Sunday morning at 10am at
the Sundial instead. I apologize for the inconvenience.

-Qian

Qian Yu

Oct 17, 2011, 4:03:35 AM10/17/11
to Columbia Parkour
I want to thank everyone who showed up for the meeting today. Sorry
for the late update, but here's what we discussed today at the
meeting:

- We will resume practice this Saturday. Meet in front of the Sundial
at 10am and we will get started
- The practice will last approximately 2 hours, like last year.
However, we will be slowing cutting down the amount of time for
conditioning and devote more time for techniques
- I'm gonna send out a promotional flyer later tonight that everyone
can put up in their dorm building to promote the club and attract new
members
- We will hold off on trying for club status until memberships
stabilize after a couple of weeks. We felt that if we do become part
of club sports, we might be forced to charge everyone membership dues,
which is undesirable and we hope to keep the club free for everyone
- We will eventually streamline this google group to make it more
efficient and make communications easier for everyone
- We are looking to get off campus for most of our practices. We will
be scouting Riverside and Morning side park to look for locations to
train
- We will also look into (cheap) gymnasiums where we can practice for
an entire day
- We will also need to prepare a first aid kit in case someone gets
hurt

That's all we have discussed today. So look forward to our first
practice this week and make sure to spread the words!

-Qian

Qian Yu

Oct 18, 2011, 6:41:35 AM10/18/11
to Columbia Parkour
Here's the flyer that I promised. Please post it in your dorm building if you can. See you guys on Saturday!

-Qian
parkour.pdf

Richard Leong

Oct 18, 2011, 11:17:48 AM10/18/11
to columbi...@googlegroups.com
Also, found an old flyer that I made last year for PK. It would probably be good to mix the fliers up a bit too.

-Richard
Flier.doc