CUPK Forever!

Phillip Dupree

Jan 30, 2011, 6:33:50 PM1/30/11
to Columbia Parkour
Hey guys,

Wish I could bring more good news. As of now Club Sports rejected our
proposal - don't get me started, I'm furious. We're pretty much being
flatly rejected because of the name "parkour", regardless of our long
description to the board on how we train, how safe it is, and how
parkour doesn't mean jumping off buildings like in the crazy youtube
videos. Anyway, I'm going to meet with the heads of CS this week to
discuss this. Cross your fingers.

As things are now, I figure we'll wait until March until the weather
is above the 50 degree mark and then start training again. We'll start
with our Saturday meetings for a week or two and gauge after a week or
two if there's enough interest to restart the midweek sessions too.
And yes, our awesome CUPK video is still TOTALLY happening. We'll
shoot towards the end of April.

Until then, all the best and here's a dose of inspiration - Thomas
Dolan is one of the people I train with and he is a monster. I
encourage you guys to keep conditioning hard so when we can train
again we can hit the ground RUNNING. Literally.

CUPK forever,
-Phillip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwSdtQRd6j0&feature=player_embedded

Casey

Jan 31, 2011, 1:15:51 PM1/31/11
to Columbia Parkour
Even though we can't do anything outside, we could condition in
Dodge....I only suggest this because I have no motivation to work out
when I do so by myself lol

Chris Jordan

Jan 31, 2011, 1:45:27 PM1/31/11
to columbi...@googlegroups.com
Since we aren't having regular practices right now, would anyone be up to form a running group? We would probably just meet up at the gates a few times a week and run through the park.

Casey

Jan 31, 2011, 7:57:49 PM1/31/11
to Columbia Parkour
Umm I would halfway join a running group. I would run til I dropped =)
but I have a feeling that would be a much shorter run than most.
> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwSdtQRd6j0&feature=player_embedded- Hide quoted text -

Matthew Hayto

Jan 31, 2011, 8:15:39 PM1/31/11
to columbi...@googlegroups.com
I've done a couple cool runs in Riverside that follow a route of railings, walls, stairs, trees, and other fun stuff to jump up/over/off/around and would be down to share those if I ever have time.

Matthew Hayto
Columbia Engineering 2011

Qian Yu

Jan 31, 2011, 11:55:19 PM1/31/11
to columbi...@googlegroups.com
Same here. My stamina is not that good. But I would love to run with
everybody. :)

Leland Gill

Feb 1, 2011, 2:46:23 PM2/1/11
to columbi...@googlegroups.com