CJR (Consortium for Japan Relief) Symposium on April 4

Eguchi

Mar 27, 2012, 3:28:24 PM3/27/12
to Columbia Japan Relief
Minasan,

Here is the message from Daiyu-san of CJR (Consortium for Japan
Relief) about the April Symposium. I hope we will see many of your at
the event!

Yoroshiku onegai shimasu.

Best,

Eguchi

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
On 2012/03/23, at 0:16, Daiyu Suzuki wrote:

Dear friends and colleagues,

To commemorate the one year mark of the March 2011 disaster in Japan,
Consortium for Japan Relief is hosting an academic symposium with a
primary focus on mental health.

Focus
Recovery in Tohoku, Japan is an ongoing process and some of the most
significant issues still plaguing the area are the psychological state
of the victims of the disaster and the evolving methods of care
available to them. Subjects addressed in the symposium range from
different types of treatment of disaster related mental health needs
to on-the-ground reports on those receiving such care.

Uniquely NY event
It will be a uniquely NY event as we invite Dr. Mitsuru Suzuki, who is
on the frontline of mental health care in Tohoku, together with
experts who have been involved in the caring for 9.11 victims’
families and survivors as well as other world renowned scholars.
Listening closely to the local needs, together we will think about the
possibilities of how those of us in the US can attend to the needs of
people in Tohoku.

United Students for Disaster Relief/Recovery
There will also be a presentation by United Students for Disaster
Relief/Recovery on their disaster relief/recovery wiki that provides
ready-to-use information in case of an overseas natural disaster.

RSVP: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3093535849?ref=ebtnebregn

Poster: http://www.columbia.edu/cu/ealac/japanese/CJR2012/cjr2012poster.pdf