Columbia Ultimate Pickup RETURNS 3/14

Jack Ostermeyer

Mar 6, 2023, 9:32:42 AM3/6/23
to columbia...@googlegroups.com
Daylight savings time is right around the corner which can only mean one thing...

COLUMBIA ULTIMATE PICKUP IS BACK!!!

This is your season long reminder to come out and play with us. Please plan to check your emails every day before game time, as games will frequently be played unless noted on this email list. Please review the following FAQs regarding the upcoming season:

Where do we play?
On the fields behind Hammond Middle School. You can find parking either in the school parking lot or at Hammond Community Park

When?
Game time is promptly at 5:30 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. An email will be sent out as a game day reminder to everyone on the google group list. Games will be played unless the following conditions apply:

1). No game will be played during visible lightning. In the event of visible lightning, please stop playing immediately and seek cover. The game may resume 20 minutes after the last visible lightning strike.

2). No game will be played when there is excessive standing water on the field. Yes, it can be fun to layout into mud, but it is really bad for the field to do so. If possible the field positioning should be adjusted to avoid the standing water.

3). Games end when you can no longer see a flying frisbee at a distance of 20 yards... or basically once it's dark.

Who?
* Anyone and everyone is welcome to play.  From complete beginners to experienced experts, all are welcome.  Experience is generally skilled, but not professional.

* If you do not know the rules or skills, we are happy to teach you.  Just ask!

* Games are CO-ED and welcome to all genders.

* You must be at least 16 years of age to play.

* You are 100% responsible for any injury that happens to you for any reason.

A few other notes:
* Try to be on time.  The more people we have early, the sooner everyone gets to play and the longer the game can go.

* Bring a WHITE and a DARK (BLACK) Shirt.  GRAY IS NOT ALLOWED.

* Cleats are suggested but not required.

* We play until it is dark.

* We play in light rain.

* At the first sign of Lightning, the game is over, no exceptions.

* Look around the field space for us carefully.  The fields at time can get crowded and we often have to shift where we are playing.

Rules we observe at Columbia Ultimate:
* Spirit of the Game above all things. We celebrate good sportsmanship and good play.

* Dropping the Pull is not a turn over: pickup the disc and play resume once checked by the opposing team.

* Fouls are called keeping in mind that this is a friendly game and some incidental contact is unavoidable.

* Picks are not allowed, but rarely called.  Please demonstrate good spirit by actively trying to not create a pick situation for your defender.

* We do not match by gender and you are free to cover anyone you want regardless of gender.

* Foot blocks are legal.

* Players wishing to jump into play may do so by calling “Last Back” after a score is made and running to the receiving end zone.  The first seven (7) players to reach the receiving end zone get to stay on the field and play the next point.  You may only “Last Back” the non-scoring team.

Wishing everyone a great season and I will see you on the fields!

-Jack