HAT TOURNEY - THIS SUNDAY!

Glen

Oct 31, 2022, 9:13:14 PM10/31/22
to Columbia MD Pickup Ultimate
Dont forget about our end of the year Hat Tourney this coming Sunday, November 6, 2022. Come see what famed ultimate frisbee legend Dave Ritchie once characterized as “the most fun I have ever had with a frisbee since they stopped making them out of metal!” All the details are below and we are expecting a huge turnout, so get there early for priority registration!

WHEN: Sunday, November 6th, 2022 at 12:01 pm until about 5:30 pm.

   11:00 am  to 11:45 am Player Registration / warm-ups
   11:45 am  to 12:00 pm Teams will be announced
   12:01 pm  to 5:30 pm Games will be played, where Pool play will determine team rankings for play-offs.

   (We also will go out for dinner afterwards for those interested.)

WHERE: Hammond Middle School in Columbia, MD.  For directions go here:
http://groups.google.com/group/columbia-ultimate/web/directions-to-hammond-middle-school-primary-fields-we-play-on

WHO: Anyone and everyone is welcome.  The more people, the more fun. We'd particularly like to see people from pickup, but anyone is welcome.  We're also hoping some of the local high school players/teams will join us as well as some of the pros from WAFC, CMUA, DC Breeze, Anne Arundel or other local groups as well.

SPREAD THE WORD: Feel free to share this invite with anyone you like.

HOW MUCH: $2 entrance fee will cover adding your name into the hat and prizes for the winning team.  Yes, despite major inflation, our stock investments have allowed us to keep this event as just $2 per player.

WHAT'S AN ELECTRONIC HAT TOURNEY: Basically you show up to the tourney before it starts and we register you based on level of experience, position (cutter/handler/mixed), age, gender, and height.  A randomized digital process then auto-drafts teams trying to keep the teams balanced.  Each team then plays about 3 games.

WHAT ABOUT GENDER: Both men and women are welcome to play.  We do not force matching gender at Columbia Ultimate though.  All attempts will be made to have an equal number of men and women on each team.

BAGGAGE: If there is someone you want to play with (spouse or something), just let us know when you get to the tourney.  This is limited to 1 person, however.  Baggage may be broken at the tournament leaders discretion if needed to best balance teams, but all attempts will be made to not do so.

HOW LONG ARE THE GAMES: We'll play three games of about 1.5 hours each, to scores of 13, unless otherwise stated prior to the start of the game.  This will be pool play.  The two top teams will duke it out for bragging rights and prizes.

QUESTIONS: You can email the columbia ultimate google group with your questions or directly to rocketrob at gmail dot com