ULTIMATE FRISBEE PICKUP IN HOWARD COUNTY MARYLAND
[Last Updated Nov 11, 2018]
SUNDAY WINTER GAMES NOW RUNNING: SUNDAY @ 2PM!
TUESDAY/THURSDAY GAMES RESUME TUESDAY MARCH 13 2018!
ABOUT US AND THIS LIST
This list is for the Pickup group of Ultimate Frisbee Players in Howard County Maryland. We welcome all skills levels from skilled players to complete beginners and we are happy to show you how to throw, how to play, and how to love the game of ultimate. For more details about us, check out our Rules and Guidelines post below. If you'd like to learn more about Ultimate Frisbee, check out our Learning Resources post below.
The list serves as our information point and is used to notify everyone of time and location changes, cancellations, other events in the regions, and to have general discussion. Participants in the Pickup Group should monitor the list so they don't find themselves missing out on anything.
Come on out and play! New Players are always Welcome!
Temporary UPDATE to field location
Due to complications with sports on the fields of Hammond Middle School, we have decided to (Perhaps temporarily) relocate to PATUXENT VALLEY MIDDLE SCHOOL starting this week.
Games are played regardless of weather forecast under the following conditions:
1). No game will be played during visible lightning. In the event of visible lightning, please stop playing immediately and seek cover. The game may resume 20 minutes after the last visible lightning strike.
2). No game will be played when there is excessive standing water on the field. Yes, it can be fun to layout into mud, but it is really bad for the field to do so. If possible the field positioning should be adjusted to avoid the standing water.
3). Games end when you can no longer see a flying frisbee at a distance of 20 yards... or basically once it's dark.
WHO CAN PLAY?
* Anyone and everyone is welcome to play. From complete beginners to experienced experts, all are welcome. Experience is generally skilled, but not professional.
* If you do not know the rules or skills, we are happy to teach you. Just ask!
* Games are CO-ED and welcome to all genders.
* You must be at least 16 years of age to play.
* You are 100% responsible for any injury that happens to you for any reason.
FIELDS, CLOTHING, AND ATTENDANCE
* Try to be on time. The more people we have early, the sooner everyone gets to play and the longer the game can go.
* Bring a WHITE and a DARK (BLACK) Shirt. GRAY IS NOT ALLOWED.
* Cleats are suggested but not required.
* We play until it is dark.
* We play in light rain.
* At the first sign of Lightning, the game is over, no exceptions.
* Look around the field space for us carefully. The fields at time can get crowded and we often have to shift where we are playing.
* Standard UPA 11th Edition Ultimate rules, except where noted below.
* Spirit of the Game above all things. We celebrate good sportsmanship and good play.
* Dropping the Pull is not a turn over: pickup the disc and play resume once checked by the opposing team.
* Fouls are called keeping in mind that this is a friendly game and some incidental contact is unavoidable.
* Picks are not allowed, but rarely called. Please demonstrate good spirit by actively trying to not create a pick situation for your defender.
* We do not match by gender and you are free to cover anyone you want regardless of gender.
* Foot blocks are legal.
* Player wishing to jump into play may do so by calling “Last Back” after a score is made and running to the receiving end zone. The first seven (7) players to reach the receiving end zone get to stay on the field and play the next point. You may only “Last Back” the non-scoring team.