A New Year At The Bayesian Conspiracy

8 views
Skip to first unread message

Andrew Rettek

unread,
Sep 16, 2011, 3:37:12 PM9/16/11
to columbia-cogni...@googlegroups.com

Welcome back!

The Fall Semester is once again upon us and the Bayesian Conspiracy is back. I'm going to start this year off by sharing some of the lessons I learned at Rationality Boot Camp. Lessons applied from micro-economics and how to actually use the much vaunted Bayes' Theorem in your day to day life. I've been busy with promoting and organizing the volunteers for the Singularity Summit, a large conference to be held October 15-16. Let me know if you think it looks cool (and we haven't talked about it already).

This week we're going to be going through the first few lessons in Anna Salamon's rationality exercises. Basic mental habits for using rationality in day to day life.

http://lesswrong.com/lw/2yp/making_your_explicit_reasoning_trustworthy/

Choose well,
Andrew Rettek

Andrew Rettek

unread,
Sep 16, 2011, 5:58:20 PM9/16/11
to columbia-cogni...@googlegroups.com

Meetings are from 8 to 9 on columbia campus in Hamilton on the third floor. I can't recall the number at the moment.

On Sep 16, 2011 3:37 PM, "Andrew Rettek" <andrew...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Welcome back!
>
> The Fall Semester is once again upon us and the Bayesian Conspiracy is back.
> I'm going to start this year off by sharing some of the lessons I learned at
> Rationality Boot Camp. Lessons applied from micro-economics and how to
> actually use the much vaunted Bayes' Theorem in your day to day life. I've
> been busy with promoting and organizing the volunteers for the Singularity
> Summit <http://www.singularitysummit.com/program>, a large conference to be

Gustavo Lacerda

unread,
Sep 16, 2011, 6:46:22 PM9/16/11
to columbia-cogni...@googlegroups.com

What day of the week?

---
Gustavo Lacerda
http://www.optimizelife.com

On Sep 16, 2011 6:01 PM, "Andrew Rettek" <andrew...@gmail.com> wrote:

Meetings are from 8 to 9 on columbia campus in Hamilton on the third floor. I can't recall the number at the moment.

On Sep 16, 2011 3:37 PM, "Andrew Rettek" <andrew...@gmail.com> wrote: > Welcome back! > > The...

> Summit <http://www.singularitysummit.com/program>, a large conference to be

> held October 15-16. Let me know if you think it looks cool (and we haven't > talked about it alre...

Andrew Rettek

unread,
Sep 16, 2011, 6:46:55 PM9/16/11
to columbia-cogni...@googlegroups.com

Monday

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages