Still alive?

nelo...@gmail.com

Dec 24, 2012, 11:27:45 AM12/24/12
to columbia-cogni...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I'm a freshman at NYU Abu Dhabi and I've recently discovered LessWrong and started learning rationality and philosophy under a more formal framework. I've almost read the entirety of the Sequences and found them extremely thought-provoking and they helped clarify some of my own ideas of the topics presented and explore new questions I had not previously considered. Working on Friendly AI is a definitely a possible career path for me, and I hope that meeting a community showing interest in rationality and perhaps the Singularity in general will help me gain some new insights which will hopefully help me decide whether I want to pursue this interest in my professional life. I will be doing what is called a "J-Term" in New York approximately from the 6th till the 25th of January in NYU. I'm not sure if this group is open to people from outside Columbia, but I would interested to attend a meeting if you are still having them.
Happy Holidays,
Moïri Gamboni

Victor Naumov

Dec 24, 2012, 11:52:11 AM12/24/12
to columbia-cogni...@googlegroups.com, Moïri Gamboni
This group is in stasis and doesn't hold meetings, but the larger New
York discussion group
(http://wiki.lesswrong.com/wiki/NYC_meetup_group) is holding meetings
weekly Tuesday evenings and other events occasionally, so Conspiracy
members go there instead.

nelo...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2012, 2:41:25 AM12/26/12
to columbia-cogni...@googlegroups.com, Moïri Gamboni