Commas in numbers on chart axes

John Harrison

Oct 29, 2023, 8:23:47 AM10/29/23
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
I'm plotting things against year. By default Fireworkz inserts a comma in
the year, eg 1,920 rather than 1920.

I can correct that either by changing the number format to '0' or '#', or
by using the day format 'yyyy'. But when I plot the chart the values
along the axis still appear with a comma, suggesting that they don't
inherit the format of the source cells.

I've looked at the chart options available but I can't find a way to
remove the commas. Am I missing something or is it impossible?

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk

Harriet Bazley

Oct 29, 2023, 12:14:18 PM10/29/23
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
On 29 Oct 2023 as I do recall,
John Harrison wrote:

> I'm plotting things against year. By default Fireworkz inserts a comma in
> the year, eg 1,920 rather than 1920.
>
> I can correct that either by changing the number format to '0' or '#', or
> by using the day format 'yyyy'. But when I plot the chart the values
> along the axis still appear with a comma, suggesting that they don't
> inherit the format of the source cells.
>
> I've looked at the chart options available but I can't find a way to
> remove the commas. Am I missing something or is it impossible?

I don't think the chart values inherit the local formatting of the
source cells in any other respect, so I wouldn't expect that to affect
them....

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

A man's best friend is his dogma.