Fireworkz 2.30 released

Stuart Swales

Nov 11, 2020, 11:45:22 AM11/11/20
to Colton Software Fireworkz
Please head over to the usual place, or obtain via !PackMan

newsgroups

Nov 15, 2020, 9:05:42 AM11/15/20
to Colton Software Fireworkz
Hi,

My recently updated v2.30 (10 Nov 2020) of FireworkzPro seems to have a
difficult time deciding on a !Boot.Choices directory.

At run time it loads (Config, Choice.., Templates, etc.) from
Choices.FireworkzPro, but when writing (Choices..., Templates, etc.) uses
Choices.Fireworkz.

Looking at the problem quickly, the revised version of 'Loader' sets the
variables $Path & $TemplatesPath to include Choices.FireworkzPro - hence
the loading is correct. However any write action seems to be hard coded to
use Choices.Fireworkz - as used by previous versions.

Anybody else noticed this ?

--

=> Peter Watkins Worcester
=>

Stuart Swales

Nov 15, 2020, 9:53:16 AM11/15/20
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
On 15/11/2020 14:05, newsgroups wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My recently updated v2.30 (10 Nov 2020) of FireworkzPro seems to have a
> difficult time deciding on a !Boot.Choices directory.
>
> At run time it loads (Config, Choice.., Templates, etc.) from
> Choices.FireworkzPro, but when writing (Choices..., Templates, etc.) uses
> Choices.Fireworkz.
>
> Looking at the problem quickly, the revised version of 'Loader' sets the
> variables $Path & $TemplatesPath to include Choices.FireworkzPro - hence
> the loading is correct. However any write action seems to be hard coded to
> use Choices.Fireworkz - as used by previous versions.
>
> Anybody else noticed this ?

Thanks for that!

As you note, writes always go to directories within
<Choices$Write>.Fireworkz - even with Fireworkz Pro.

For the time being, till next release, please replace

product$

with

"Fireworkz"

in lines 243 and 258 of Resources.RISC_OS.Neutral.Loader

Stuart
--
Stuart Swales