TaskX module

David J. Ruck

Sep 6, 2020, 12:30:13 PM9/6/20
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've been asked to convert the TaskX module from Eureka's Tween to 32 bit,
and looked around for the latest copy, and surprisingly found it inside
the resource directories of old copies of FireWorkz and PipeDream.

Tween 1.05 (12-May-90) had TaskX 0.03 (12 May 1990)

Where as FireWorkz 2.00.01 (05 Nov 2015) had 3 copies as it had been
upgraded in place several time.

TaskX008 0.08 (17 Jun 1992)
TaskX009 0.09 (21 Jun 1993)
TaskX!09a 0.09a(25 Aug 1994) This is a patch of 0.09

New versions of Fireworkz and Pipedream don't contain this old 26 bit
module, but I wonder if anyone has any information on its providence, and
if it was ever converted?

Cheers
---David

David J. Ruck Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301 Email: dr...@druck.org.uk

Stuart Swales

Sep 6, 2020, 4:22:09 PM9/6/20
On 06/09/2020 17:29, David J. Ruck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been asked to convert the TaskX module from Eureka's Tween to 32 bit,
> and looked around for the latest copy, and surprisingly found it inside
> the resource directories of old copies of FireWorkz and PipeDream.
>
> Tween 1.05 (12-May-90) had TaskX 0.03 (12 May 1990)
>
> Where as FireWorkz 2.00.01 (05 Nov 2015) had 3 copies as it had been
> upgraded in place several time.
>
> TaskX008 0.08 (17 Jun 1992)
> TaskX009 0.09 (21 Jun 1993)
> TaskX!09a 0.09a(25 Aug 1994) This is a patch of 0.09
>
> New versions of Fireworkz and Pipedream don't contain this old 26 bit
> module, but I wonder if anyone has any information on its providence, and
> if it was ever converted?
>
> Cheers
> ---David

I doubt that the TaskX module was ever 32-bitted. I think that PipeDream
and Fireworkz only used it as their Drawfile renderer, Acorn not
supplying a Drawfile module compatible with the older systems that were
still supported by our applications.

Tony Cheal is your man!

Cheers, Stuart

--