Strange custom function bug which has been arond for ages ...

Michael Ben-Gershon

Jun 27, 2019, 6:01:06 AM6/27/19
to Colton Software Fireworkz
I have a number of collections of custom function sheets, some of them very large.

Over the years I have found that every so often, one or more functions gets de-defined on loading. That is to say it acts as if it has not been defined. The fix is to click on the function header and press enter - as if creating it from afresh. Once fixed it seems to remain OK, but it will almost certainly be repeated next time that file is loaded. It has nothing to do with the function name: if the sheet is edited and new functions added, then in all likelihood the previously misbehaving function will now be OK, but another one will fail. I have never managed to get to the bottom of this, and I guess nobody else has encountered it, otherwise it would have been fixed ages ago. It is also not dependant on its position in the sheet: on my most affected sheet I used to get some function buried deep down, but after adding a large number of new functions it now seems to zap the second function in the sheet.

I guess its probably one of those things that will be impossible to track down, but who knows?

Many thanks,
Michael

Michael Ben-Gershon

Oct 4, 2019, 4:19:20 AM10/4/19