Bug involving if(condition,then,else) function

Evan Clark

Apr 1, 2020, 2:51:01 PM4/1/20
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
A bug seems to have crept into Fireworkz 2.24 involving the
if(condition,then,else) function.

A simple test sheet:

a b
|1| 10| |
|2| 20|if(a2<>0,a2-a1,"")|
|3| |if(a3<>0,a3-a2,"")|

Cell b2 displays 10. Cell b3 displays blank.
Cell a3 must be blank to invoke the bug.

Save, then try to reload, and Fireworkz 2.24 (22 March 2020) crashes,
sometimes freezing the machine. Fireworkz 2.22.01 (24 Dec 2019) is OK.

There's a difference in the relevant lines from the saved files:

Version:2.22.01;24 Dec 2019

{StartOfData}
{S:S;C;0;0;10;;General}
{S:S;C;0;1;20;;General}
{S:S;F;1;1;10;if(a2<>0,a2-a1,"")}
{S:S;F;1;2;"";if(a3<>0,a3-a2,"")}

Version:2.24;22 Mar 2020

{StartOfData}
{S:S;C;0;0;10;;General}
{S:S;C;0;1;20;;General}
{S:S;F;1;1;10;if(a2<>0,a2-a1,"")}
{S:S;F;1;2;";if(a3<>0,a3-a2,"")}

^
Note the missing quote character.

This is on an ARMX6, RISC OS 5.25 (24-Aug-18).

Can anyone else reproduce this?

Evan.

Evan Clark

Apr 1, 2020, 3:18:25 PM4/1/20
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
To clarify, the bug occurs when Fireworkz 2.24 saves the file. Trying
to load the corrupt file will crash any version of Fireworkz I've
tried.

Evan.

Stuart Swales

Apr 1, 2020, 4:00:45 PM4/1/20
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Evan!

Pesky blank strings and their special-case handling...

Will be fixed as soon as I can bake an update (within the hour, I hope).

Regards, Stuart
--
Stuart Swales

Stuart Swales

Apr 1, 2020, 4:30:04 PM4/1/20
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
On 01/04/2020 19:49, Evan Clark wrote:
Thanks once again. RISC OS version has cooked, please download from

https://croftnuisk.co.uk/coltsoft-downloads/fireworkz/Fireworkz/Fireworkz_2_24_03.zip

Uninitialised memory... I'd rearranged a data structure to try help
track down another odd bug and this seemingly-old one surfaced!

Stuart

--
Stuart Swales

Evan Clark

Apr 1, 2020, 4:34:03 PM4/1/20
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
In article <e93cd1e5-01c7-17a6...@gmail.com>,
Stuart Swales <stuart.swale...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Evan!

> Pesky blank strings and their special-case handling...

> Will be fixed as soon as I can bake an update (within the hour, I
> hope).

Wow! Thanks for the super speedy response, Stuart, and for your
continuing support and development. It's greatly appreciated.

Evan.

Evan Clark

Apr 1, 2020, 4:44:40 PM4/1/20
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
In article <9cc86b0b-1ac4-b01c...@gmail.com>,
Stuart Swales <stuart.swale...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks once again. RISC OS version has cooked, please download from

> https://croftnuisk.co.uk/coltsoft-downloads/fireworkz/Fireworkz/Fireworkz_2_24_03.zip

> Uninitialised memory... I'd rearranged a data structure to try help
> track down another odd bug and this seemingly-old one surfaced!

Thanks for fixing it :-)

Evan.