A question if I may, but it's only February.

Dave

Feb 10, 2024, 3:44:34 AMFeb 10
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
G'day folks. :-)
Will this List continue to function after late February when Google is
shutting down a lot of stuff?

Thanks
Dave

--

Dave Triffid

Stuart Swales

Feb 16, 2024, 7:17:17 AMFeb 16
On 10/02/2024 08:44, Dave wrote:
> G'day folks. :-)
> Will this List continue to function after late February when Google is
> shutting down a lot of stuff?
>
> Thanks
> Dave

I think it's just the usenet content that they are dropping; I hadn't
heard anything about an end of Google Groups themselves. No doubt it
will snuff it arbitrarily one day.

Stuart
--
Stuart Swales

John Harrison

Feb 16, 2024, 9:23:20 AMFeb 16
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
In article <e5ff5ce8-24e5-403d...@gmail.com>,
Stuart Swales <stuart.swale...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I hadn't heard anything about an end of Google Groups themselves. No
> doubt it will snuff it arbitrarily one day.

Some other RO lists I'm on have moved to FreeLists or Riscository.

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk

Stuart Swales

Feb 16, 2024, 10:15:17 AMFeb 16
On 16/02/2024 13:16, John Harrison wrote:
> In article <e5ff5ce8-24e5-403d...@gmail.com>,
> Stuart Swales <stuart.swale...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I hadn't heard anything about an end of Google Groups themselves. No
>> doubt it will snuff it arbitrarily one day.
>
> Some other RO lists I'm on have moved to FreeLists or Riscository.

Riscository might be a good idea as I think that works OK with NetSurf.

Stuart
--
Stuart Swales