Number format in charts

John Harrison

Jan 11, 2023, 2:35:03 PM1/11/23
to Fireworkz support group
I created a graph to show percentages. The numbers in the source row are
formatted to show as a percentage (eg 75%) but the axis in the chart
appears as a decimal (eg 0.75).

I can't find any control for changing it, which would be fair enough if it
carried over from what's in the spreadsheet, but it appears to be
independently set somewhere.

Any pointers? (Editing all the numbers in !Draw after exporting is a
pain.)

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk

Harriet Bazley

Jan 13, 2023, 2:55:30 PM1/13/23
to Fireworkz support group
On 11 Jan 2023 as I do recall,
John Harrison wrote:

> I created a graph to show percentages. The numbers in the source row are
> formatted to show as a percentage (eg 75%) but the axis in the chart
> appears as a decimal (eg 0.75).
>
> I can't find any control for changing it, which would be fair enough if it
> carried over from what's in the spreadsheet, but it appears to be
> independently set somewhere.
>
> Any pointers? (Editing all the numbers in !Draw after exporting is a
> pain.)

My experience is that charts in Fireworkz really aren't very flexible -
is it possible to export the data back to PipeDream and use the much
greater level of control available in the older application?

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.

John Harrison

Jan 14, 2023, 6:24:47 AM1/14/23
to Fireworkz support group
In article <87cd44665...@bazleyfamily.co.uk>,
Harriet Bazley <li...@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
> My experience is that charts in Fireworkz really aren't very flexible

That's my experience. Eureka is far more flexible in many ways, but
Eureka needs Aemulor and on Pi4 machines once you've run Aemulor the
machine crashes before shutting down so I decided to move to something
that's being maintained. I've now invested a lot of effort porting the
spreadsheets I rely on, some quite massive and complex, to Fireworkz, and
finding ways round its limitations.

I looked at PipeDream after you suggested it when I was having problems
before. Some things do look more flexible but I couldn't get the hang of
doing basic things, so rather than invest even more effort learning how to
work with a third tool I gave up and went back to trying to make Fireworkz
do what I needed. As well as saving effort in the short term I assumed
that software that being supported would improve in the future.

> is it possible to export the data back to PipeDream and use the much
> greater level of control available in the older application?

The thing I'm currently working on I update every week and use the graphs
as sense checkers so they need to be integral. Once a year I publish the
results, so I can do some post-processing (and I do with the charts, using
Draw). Also once a year I extend it by interspersing extra sections, and
I need the charts to pick up the new information - another limitation.

The results if anyone is interested are at:
http://jaharrison.me.uk/Misc/Solar/