Fireworkz for modern systems

Stuart Swales

Mar 14, 2023, 1:54:21 PM3/14/23
to Colton Software Fireworkz
Well, I've been keeping this one to myself for too long...

2.34 beta 1 is available for people who may wish to tinker with it.

It's not available through the usual channels as I'm sure it will break on first contact with the outside world! Don't use in production.

It's been compiled using ARMv7 instructions and the /softfp option and then linked with my apcs_softpcs library so that it uses the ARM's VFP unit for most calculations, so, no it will not work on your RISC PC.

If you're the sort of person who flings large arrays about or does masses of trig, it might help quite a bit. The underlying VFP performance is very impressive compared to the FPEmulator, even when only being called one instruction at a time.

It also enables your calculations to return +/Inf and NaN values (there's an option to turn that off in Choices and return old-fashioned errors instead).

Martin

Mar 14, 2023, 2:01:08 PM3/14/23
to Colton Software Fireworkz
In article <f9acc849-4d7d-4757...@googlegroups.com>,
Stuart Swales <stuart.swale...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I've been keeping this one to myself for too long...

> 2.34 beta 1 is available for people who may wish to tinker with it.

> It's not available through the usual channels as I'm sure it will
> break on first contact with the outside world!

Nope. Started and ran, and loaded a couple of linked spreadsheets with
graphs.

So no breakages yet!

Martin

John Harrison

Mar 15, 2023, 7:46:46 AM3/15/23
to Colton Software Fireworkz
In article <5a8520a6...@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
Martin <goo...@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> no breakages yet!

Likewise. Handled a big spreadsheet with hundreds or rows & columns and
graphs OK.

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk