Dates along x axis of chart

Brian Jordan

Jan 6, 2021, 11:19:15 AM1/6/21
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
I have a large spreadsheet of data and the date they were collected. The
dates are unevenly spaced (between a few days and several months) and I
would like this spacing to be represented graphically rather than being
evenly spaced.
Returning to Fireworkz from some time away but I'm sure it is possible
either directly or with a workaround. I'm equally sure I don't remember
how, can anyone help?

Brian Jordan
RISC OS 5.28 on Raspberry Pi

lazybownz

Jan 6, 2021, 2:24:23 PM1/6/21
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com

I tackled this in my last article for archive. You can download a copy of that article in PDF format. I think I used PipeDream but I can't remember.

The key thing is to use the date functions to calculate the the number of days after your initial or reference date. Then plot the dependent variable against number of days after the reference date.

Gerald

Sent from my Galaxy

Brian Jordan

Jan 6, 2021, 3:17:09 PM1/6/21
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
In article <5ff60e65.1c69f...@mx.google.com>,
lazybownz <lazy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tackled this in my last article for archive. You can download a copy
> of that article in PDF format. I think I used PipeDream but I can't
> remember. The key thing is to use the date functions to calculate the
> the number of days after your initial or reference date. Then plot the
> dependent variable against number of days after the reference
> date.

[Snip]

Thank you. I /knew/ I wasn't dreaming and that there is a way to do this;
in fact I may well have read it in Archive. I'll dig out the article
either here or online and get weaving.
Thanks again B

Lazybownz

Jan 6, 2021, 5:35:12 PM1/6/21
to Colton Software Fireworkz

Brian Jordan

Jan 6, 2021, 6:35:43 PM1/6/21
to Colton Software Fireworkz
In article <d7a2ba2d-681a-438d...@googlegroups.com>,
Lazybownz <lazy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> GC1801.dpd (abacusline.me.uk)
> <http://downloads.abacusline.me.uk/pdf/Arc/2018/GC1801.pdf>
Thank you. I shall take some time absorbing all of this.

Meanwhile, largely coincidentally, I found
http://www.bjordan.org.uk/fireworkz/graph.jpg while browsing the free
online Archive24:6. This suits my needs perfectly for now.

Thanks again

[Snip]