Re: [coltsoft-fireworkz] Fireworkz 2.22.01 released

Peter Young

Jan 11, 2020, 1:44:27 PM1/11/20
to Colton Software Fireworkz
Good news, but is this Fireworkz or Fireworkz Pro?

Best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter Young (zfc Hg) and family
http://pnyoung.orpheusweb.co.uk

David Brown

Jan 11, 2020, 4:32:19 PM1/11/20
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks to Stuart for making a new release of Fireworkz (also of
PipeDream).

Fireworkz Pro is usually released through !Store, run by R-Comp. There
is usually a small (£5-10) upgrade fee for this version, which includes
the integrated database functions.

--
Regards,
David

M Harding

Jan 12, 2020, 7:54:44 AM1/12/20
to David Brown, colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
On 11 Jan, 'David Brown' via Colton Software Fireworkz
<colton-softw...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Many thanks to Stuart for making a new release of Fireworkz (also
> of PipeDream).

> Fireworkz Pro is usually released through !Store, run by R-Comp.
> There is usually a small (£5-10) upgrade fee for this version,
> which includes the integrated database functions.

Are we talking FireworkzPro (I have version 1.30/05 from 1997 of
that)? It has integrated database functions.

Or do you refer to FireworkzPro v2 which is listed in PlingStore?

Michael Harding
Rev. Preb. M.D. Harding ris...@mdharding.org.uk

> --
> Regards,
> David

> On 11/01/2020 18:29, Peter Young wrote:
> > Good news, but is this Fireworkz or Fireworkz Pro?
> >
> > Best wishes,
> >
> > Peter.
> >

> > On 11 Jan 2020 Stuart Swales <stuart.swale...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Head on over to http://croftnuisk.co.uk/coltsoft/

> -

Chris Hughes

Jan 12, 2020, 9:24:13 AM1/12/20
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
In message <58312e4f...@mdharding.org.uk>
M Harding <ris...@mdharding.org.uk> wrote:

> On 11 Jan, 'David Brown' via Colton Software Fireworkz
> <colton-softw...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>> Many thanks to Stuart for making a new release of Fireworkz (also
>> of PipeDream).

>> Fireworkz Pro is usually released through !Store, run by R-Comp.
>> There is usually a small (£5-10) upgrade fee for this version,
>> which includes the integrated database functions.

> Are we talking FireworkzPro (I have version 1.30/05 from 1997 of
> that)? It has integrated database functions.

> Or do you refer to FireworkzPro v2 which is listed in PlingStore?

It seems Peter Young has confused matters a bit. Stuart was advising on an
updated version of FIREWORKZ not the Pro version.

Fireworkz is Free while Pro is supplied and supported by R-Comp and is
chargeable = the version onn !Store is Pro only and chargeable.

Only Pro has the database functions.

Don't load plain Fireworkz over the Pro version.

Hopefully Stuart will be along to confirm all this.

--
Chris Hughes

M Harding

Jan 12, 2020, 10:10:06 AM1/12/20
to Chris Hughes, colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
On 12 Jan, Chris Hughes <li...@noonehere.co.uk> wrote:
> In message <58312e4f...@mdharding.org.uk>
> M Harding <ris...@mdharding.org.uk> wrote:

> > On 11 Jan, 'David Brown' via Colton Software Fireworkz
> > <colton-softw...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> >> Many thanks to Stuart for making a new release of Fireworkz (also
> >> of PipeDream).

> >> Fireworkz Pro is usually released through !Store, run by R-Comp.
> >> There is usually a small (£5-10) upgrade fee for this version,
> >> which includes the integrated database functions.

> > Are we talking FireworkzPro (I have version 1.30/05 from 1997 of
> > that)? It has integrated database functions.

> > Or do you refer to FireworkzPro v2 which is listed in PlingStore?

> It seems Peter Young has confused matters a bit. Stuart was
> advising on an updated version of FIREWORKZ not the Pro version.

> Fireworkz is Free while Pro is supplied and supported by R-Comp and
> is chargeable = the version onn !Store is Pro only and chargeable.

> Only Pro has the database functions.

Ah! Thanks for the clarification. It's somewhat confusing when there
are 2 versions of FireworkzPro.

But I must chase up any modifications to PipeDream - it's been my
favourite workhorse for decades, and I'm grateful that it's still
being cared for.

Peter Young

Jan 12, 2020, 12:09:43 PM1/12/20
On 12 Jan 2020 M Harding <ris...@mdharding.org.uk> wrote:

> On 11 Jan, 'David Brown' via Colton Software Fireworkz
> <colton-softw...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>> Many thanks to Stuart for making a new release of Fireworkz (also
>> of PipeDream).

>> Fireworkz Pro is usually released through !Store, run by R-Comp.
>> There is usually a small (£5-10) upgrade fee for this version,
>> which includes the integrated database functions.

> Are we talking FireworkzPro (I have version 1.30/05 from 1997 of
> that)? It has integrated database functions.

> Or do you refer to FireworkzPro v2 which is listed in PlingStore?

Yes, see my reply to David, just written. I have Fireworkz Pro 2.22 (13
Feb 2019) from !Store.

Best wishes,

Peter.

Peter Young

Jan 12, 2020, 12:09:43 PM1/12/20
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
On 11 Jan 2020 "'David Brown' via Colton Software Fireworkz"
<colton-softw...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Many thanks to Stuart for making a new release of Fireworkz (also of
> PipeDream).

> Fireworkz Pro is usually released through !Store, run by R-Comp. There
> is usually a small (£5-10) upgrade fee for this version, which includes
> the integrated database functions.

Thanks, David, and that was probably expecting. Nothing new on !Store yet,
but I'll keep a look-out.

Best wishes,

Peter.