SSH on Windows

a.aly

Sep 25, 2020, 3:45:09 PM9/25/20
to Colosseum Users
So at first I tried to log into the Colosseum gateway but got this error "No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey)".

error.png

I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I discovered that I was incorrectly posting my SSH public key into my Colosseum account.

Using Puttygen, I created a key and saved the public key, then copied it from the saved text file. This is incorrect.

incorrect_public_key_format.png

I should have copied the generated public key directly from Puttygen into Colosseum SSH key page.
correct_public_key_format.png

ssh_window.png

Just wanted to share this in case someone had the same/similar issue. I was able to successfully log-in using Putty on Windows 10.