GUI applications using X window is slow

sathish varala

Mar 8, 2021, 7:58:45 AM3/8/21
to Colosseum Users
Hi Colosseum Users,
I am trying to open matlab in colosseum with graphical windows forwarded(with X11 forwarding) to my system using "X window server". These graphical windows get updated on my system after a very long time. I tried on Windows OS machine  and Ubuntu os on virtual machine with good internet connection and experienced same problem.

Have you tried opening any graphical interfaces on colosseum and faced similar issues? Have you tried any other applications apart from "X windows" to access graphical information?

Thanks,
Sathish Varala.

Leonardo Bonati

Mar 20, 2022, 10:55:37 AM3/20/22
to Colosseum Users
Hi Sathish,

I would say that it is feasible but as you noticed it can be slow depending on your network connection.

Regards,
Leonardo