Problems with colosseum-near-rt-ric image

Qiao Wang

Sep 21, 2023, 8:45:05 AM9/21/23
to Colosseum Users
Hello researchers,

I'm a new user of Colosseum and recently join this group.

I tried to run an experiment with 3x SRNs (1x scope with e2 + 1x coloran-near-rt-ric + 1x scope UE), which is basically the tutorial 4G srsRAN with SCOPE and O-RAN near-RT RIC provided by OpenRANGym. It looked like though the SRN which loaded coloran-near-rt-ric image didn't work properly. It doesn't have the setup-scripts directory. Could anyone here help look into this? Thanks!

No_setup-scripts.jpg

Cleverson Nahum

Sep 21, 2023, 8:48:57 AM9/21/23
to Qiao Wang, Colosseum Users
Hello Wang,

You may try using the image `coloran-near-rt-ric-prebuilt` to the near-RT RIC.

Best regards

Qiao Wang

Sep 21, 2023, 8:52:49 AM9/21/23
to Colosseum Users
Hello Cleverson,

Thanks. But I actually tried both versions and got the same outcome.

Bonati, Leonardo

Sep 21, 2023, 9:31:05 AM9/21/23
to Qiao Wang, Colosseum Users

Hello, did you try to look in the directory “radio_code/colosseum-near-rt-ric” or similar?

--

Leonardo Bonati

Associate Research Scientist

Institute for the Wireless Internet of Things

Northeastern University, Boston, MA

web: bonati.xyz

web: northeastern.edu/wiot

Qiao Wang

Sep 22, 2023, 4:54:35 AM9/22/23
to Colosseum Users
Thanks for your advice. Bonati. My reservation was closed but I will give it a go again today. I do remember, though, that I went to "radio_code/colosseum-near-rt-ric" but didn't manage to cd into it. Anyway, I'll try the prebuilt image today and experiment it again.

Cleverson Nahum

Sep 22, 2023, 7:03:34 AM9/22/23
to Qiao Wang, Colosseum Users
Hello,

Some time ago I tried to organize the steps to execute a scenario with/without RIC in the attached pdf. That may help you.

scope_tutorial.pdf

Qiao Wang

Sep 22, 2023, 7:22:40 AM9/22/23
to Colosseum Users
Hi Cleverson,

Thank you so much for sharing. I believe it will be useful.

Just a quick update. I have found the setup-scripts of Col-oran RIC, thanks to Bonati's advice. However, I did find a few errors when I was setting up the scope BS and UE and a bit confusing to work on scope with or without RIC. Therefore, I feel your sharing looks like something helpful I can follow.

Qiao Wang

Oct 3, 2023, 9:24:27 AM10/3/23
to Colosseum Users
Thanks for your summarized guide, Cleverson. It's been very useful!

I tried to reproduce scope only usecase with 4 SRNs. However, it seemed that the UEs were attaching but didn't find available cell. Please take a look at the screenshot below. SRN33 is my SCOPE BS. Do you or anyone else in this group know what caused this, please?
SCOPE_withoutRIC.jpg

Cleverson Nahum

Oct 3, 2023, 10:19:54 AM10/3/23
to Qiao Wang, Colosseum Users
Hello Wang,

I just noted the PDF I sent you was missing the config file you should use for the UEs and BS (it's a problem with the annotation software I use). I attached a figure repeating the tutorial information (in case my PDF exporter messed up with some other info). You can use the following in `radio_interactive.conf` config file:
```
{
"capture-pkts": "False",
"colosseumcli": "True",
"iperf": "True",
"users-bs": "3",
"write-config-parameters": "True",
"network-slicing": "True",
"global-scheduling-policy": "0",
"slice-scheduling-policy": "[1, 1, 1]",
"tenant-number": "3",
"slice-allocation": "{0: [0, 5], 1: [6, 11], 2: [12, 16]}",
"slice-users": "{0: [3, 6, 9, 14, 17, 20, 25, 28, 31, 36, 39, 42], 1: [4, 7, 10, 15, 18, 21, 26, 29, 32, 37, 40, 43], 2: [2, 5, 8, 11, 13, 16, 19, 22, 24, 27, 30, 33, 35, 38, 41, 44]}",
"custom-ue-slice": "True",
"force-dl-modulation": "False",
"heuristic-params": "{'buffer_thresh_bytes': [1000, 2000], 'thr_thresh_mbps': [0.25, 0.75]}",
"bs-config": "{'dl_freq': 980000000, 'ul_freq': 1020000000, 'n_prb': 50}",
"ue-config": "{'dl_freq': 980000000, 'ul_freq': 1020000000, 'force_ul_amplitude': 0.9}"
}
```

I don't remember well the default values for this config file, so I may have changed some values to make it work in my setup/tutorial and that can be the reason why it is not working for you right now (since you are probably using the default config file).

Regards,
Cleverson Nahum.

scope_tutorial.png

Qiao Wang

Oct 6, 2023, 4:54:54 AM10/6/23
to Colosseum Users
Hi Cleverson,

Thank you very much. You were right. I used the default config file for the SRNs.

It is confusing to me why the default file didn't work but I'll compare your config file with the default one to see what the differences are. Thanks.