Request for more scenario info

Zhibo Meng

May 2, 2022, 12:48:04 AM5/2/22
to Colosseum Users
Hi Colosseum team,

I'm now working on multi-cell experiments based on scenarios on Colosseum. I used 'colosseumcli rf scenario list' to find the available scenarios. However, I just found a little information about some of these scenarios from the Colosseum website. I'm wondering if there is any material that users can get more information about every scenario such as the distance/path loss between each node. It would be appreciated if anyone can give some suggestions.

Best,
Zhibo

Leonardo Bonati

May 2, 2022, 9:03:50 AM5/2/22
to Zhibo Meng, Colosseum Users
Dear Zhibo,

Please refer to the following pages on Freshdesk for information about scenarios: https://colosseumneu.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/61000182914

Regards,
Leonardo

Zhibo Meng

May 3, 2022, 2:31:23 PM5/3/22
to Colosseum Users
Hi Leonardo,

Compared with the scenario list provided by 'colosseumcli rf scenario list', the pages you referred have fewer number of scenarios. Besides, except some test scenarios, there is no information about nodes position/path loss. Would you mind sharing more information about where users can find more details of each scenarios?

Best,
Zhibo

Davide Villa

May 3, 2022, 2:53:15 PM5/3/22
to Colosseum Users
Hi Zhibo,

The scenarios that are fully functional and official released are the ones that you can find on that page (https://colosseumneu.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/61000182914).
All other scenarios are working in progress or test ones. You are free to use also those based on the information you can find on the website (https://experiments.colosseum.net/scenarios) and on the colosseumcli response. However, they do not have an extensive documentation as the ones that are official released.
Thank you.

Best Regards,

Davide

Zhibo Meng

May 5, 2022, 10:59:59 PM5/5/22
to Colosseum Users
Hi Davide,

Thanks for your reply! I have check the scenarios that are official released, but there's nothing about the node position/path loss information. Is there any material mentioned such info?

Thanks for your time.

Best,
Zhibo

Davide Villa

May 6, 2022, 11:21:50 AM5/6/22
to Colosseum Users

Hi Zhibo,

The nodes positions are usually randomly assigned, except when specified otherwise (e.g., for the Alleys of Austin scenario).
Regarding the path loss, let me know which scenario you are interested in and I can try to dig out that information for you.
Thanks.

Best Regards,

Davide

Zhibo Meng

May 7, 2022, 1:48:48 AM5/7/22
to Colosseum Users
Hi Davide,

I'm trying to find scenarios that are suitable for D2D links. I am interested in the scenarios where there are as many as possible nodes that generate interference to each other. I have tried scenario 1031 and ran one link in cell 1 and another link in cell 2 concurrently. However, there is little interference between the two links, therefore, scenario 1031 is not suitable for my research.

I'm wondering if there exist any scenarios that fit my needs(like scenarios containing 50 SRNs). Do you think any scenarios from scenario 1035/1019, 1036/1024, 1041/1027, 9991, 7013/7014 work for my study? It would be appreciated if you can share the path loss information about the suitable scenario.

I believe such scenario is not only helpful for myself, but also can be used by researchers who are interested in D2D scenarios in Colosseum. Thanks for your time!

Best,
Zhibo

Davide Villa

May 11, 2022, 10:53:59 AM5/11/22
to Colosseum Users
Hi Zhibo,

You can try the Alleys of Austin scenarios 7013/7014, the following page contains information about them: https://colosseumneu.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/61000253506-alleys-of-austin-7013-7014-.
The path loss depends on the position of the nodes (which varies during the scenario), and is derived through mathematical equations (e.g., Friis free space equation).

As for the interference, the way you can achieve it is by instantiating some extra node and consider it as an incumbent interfering with your main application.

Best Regards,

Davide

Zhibo Meng

May 11, 2022, 1:18:20 PM5/11/22
to Colosseum Users
Hi Davide,

Thank your for your reply! In terms of the Alleys of Austin scenarios 7013/7014, the snr and dci information remain almost static during the scenario when I was running srsRAN. I'm wondering does the relative position/distance of each node vary as well? I have also  tried scenario 9991 and it seems like this scenario can also fit my needs. Can you also share the path loss information about 9991? Besides, I'm wondering is there any chance to create my own scenario?

Best,
Zhibo

Zhibo Meng

May 18, 2022, 2:26:01 AM5/18/22
to Colosseum Users
Hi Davide,

Is there any update from your side? It is critical for me to get the path loss information about scenarios. I think scenarios 7013/7014 and 9991 maybe the most relevant scenarios for me. Would you mind digging out that information or share the relevant codes about how to derive the path loss information?

Thanks for your time!

Best,
Zhibo

Davide Villa

May 18, 2022, 11:26:13 AM5/18/22
to Colosseum Users

Hi Zhibo,

I have replied to you privately last week, apologies if you didn't receive it correctly. I have sent another email, please check it out.

Additionally, here are some answers to your previous questions.

The position of the nodes for the Alleys of Austin scenarios 7013/7014, as the correspondent path losses, should vary during the course of the scenario.

Regarding the scenario 9991, It is still in a non-ready mode and it has not been extensively tested. Therefore, feel free to use it, but there is no certainty on its performance.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Davide

Zhibo Meng

May 26, 2022, 11:19:31 PM5/26/22
to Colosseum Users
Hi Davide,

I noticed that some SRNs (such as SRN 2) have been unavailable for a period of time. I'm wondering when these SRNs can be available again.

Thanks for your time.

Best,
Zhibo

Davide Villa

May 27, 2022, 12:50:51 PM5/27/22
to Colosseum Users
Hi Zhibo,

The SRNs that are currently unavailable are in a testing environment or are faulty. Don't expect to see them available soon.
You can use all other SRNs of the all quadrants without any problem, they all have the same performance and configurations. The only current difference is that the external clock source is available only in quadrant 1.
If you have any specific reason why you want SRN 2, please let us know.
Thank you.

Best Regards,

Davide