Meaning of error with SRN UE when execiting scenario 1017

Tuan Su Hoang

Jul 26, 2023, 2:32:42 AM7/26/23
to Colosseum Users
Hello,

I deploy my system following these steps:

1. Make a reservation with 4 SRNs, 3 of which with the "scope" image in the "common" section of Colosseum, and the 4th is used for ColoRAN RIC.
2. once the reservation starts, SSH on the 4 SRNs (let's call them SRN1-3), change the setting of radio_interactive.conf to 2 UEs and 1 BS on SRN1-3.
3. on SRN1 execute: colosseumcli rf start 1017 -c
4. on SRN1 execute: cd /root/radio_api && python3 scope_start.py --config-file radio_interactive.conf
5. on SRN2 execute: cd /root/radio_api && python3 scope_start.py --config-file radio_interactive.conf
6. on SRN3 execute: cd /root/radio_api && python3 scope_start.py --config-file radio_interactive.conf
7. on SRN4: did nothing
8. once the above script ends, execute the following on all the SRN to see the programs running sessions: tmux a

However, I see this error on the SRN2 (SRN3 does not have this issue). Can someone please provide me some info?

Untitled.png

With all regards,
Tuan

Bonati, Leonardo

Jul 26, 2023, 8:13:17 AM7/26/23
to Tuan Su Hoang, Colosseum Users

Dear Tuan,

The “Network unreachable” errors on the right terminal are shown for a few seconds until UE and BS establish connection. The errors on the left terminal should be safe to ignore since BS and UE are actually exchanging traffic via iPerf (right terminal).

Regards,

Leonardo

--

Leonardo Bonati

Associate Research Scientist

Institute for the Wireless Internet of Things

Northeastern University, Boston, MA

web: bonati.xyz

web: northeastern.edu/wiot

With all regards,

Tuan

Tuan Su Hoang

Jul 27, 2023, 1:19:09 PM7/27/23
to Colosseum Users
Tks Leonardo.

I have another question related to my ColoRAN setup (using coloran-near-rt-ric-prebuilt on SRN 4). Here are my steps:
1. On SRN4, run  cd /root/radio_code/colosseum-near-rt-ric/setup-scripts/ && ./setup-ric.sh (using col0 172.30.149.152 as default).

Untitled.png

2. On SRN1 (the BS) using image scope-with-e2, I modified the file /root/radio_code/colosseum-scope-e2/build_odu.sh by updating the line export RIC_HOST="172.30.149.152"
3. Then I run ./build_odu.sh and succeeded (please check the attached log_build_odu.txt file)
4. Then I run ./run_odu.sh and got error after waiting a couple of minutes (full log is in file log_run_odu.txt)

DU_APP : BIND OF RLC DL TO MAC (RGU) SAP SUCCESSFUL
DU_APP : Cntrl Req to RLC inst 0 to bind MAC sap
DU_APP : BIND OF RLC UL TO MAC (RGU) SAP SUCCESSFUL
DU_APP : MAC Sch Cfg sent
Received Scheduler gen config at MAC
Received scheduler gen config
Entered SchInstCfg()
Scheduler gen config done
Sending Scheduler config confirm to DU APP
DU_APP : Received SCH CFG CFM at DU APP
DU_APP : Configuring all Layer is complete
CmInetSctpConnectx() Failed : error(115), port(0x9648),            sockFd->fd(4)
SCTP : Polling started at DU
CmInetSctpConnectx() Failed : error(115), port(0x8e46),            sockFd->fd(5)
DU_APP : Sending EGTP config request
EGTP : EGTP configuration successful
DU_APP : EGTP configuraton complete
cmInetSctpRecvMsg() Failed : error(107), sockFd->fd(5)
 SCTP: Failed to receive sctp msg for sockFd[5]
cmInetSctpRecvMsg() Failed : error(107), sockFd->fd(5)
 SCTP: Failed to receive sctp msg for sockFd[5]
cmInetSctpRecvMsg() Failed : error(107), sockFd->fd(5)
 SCTP: Failed to receive sctp msg for sockFd[5]

Everything seems to be configured correctly but not sure why I ran into this issue. Do you know where I should look at to troubleshoot?

With all regards,
Tuan
log_run_odu.txt
log_build_odu.txt

Tuan Su Hoang

Jul 31, 2023, 6:34:41 PM7/31/23
to Colosseum Users

Hi Leonardo,

Do you have any advices? I think SCTP is related to the connection between gNB and control plane of Core network. And in fact, i did not deploy any core part.

Does that mean I need to deploy the core network in order to get RIC connect with SCOPE (via E2)?

Please advise.
Tuan

Bonati, Leonardo

Aug 3, 2023, 5:57:13 PM8/3/23
to Tuan Su Hoang, Colosseum Users

Dear Tuan,

This may be due with issues of the col0 interface of the specific SRNs you are using. Can you please verify connectivity between the RIC SRN and base station SRN (e.g., via ping)?

Regards,

Leonardo

--

Leonardo Bonati

Associate Research Scientist

Institute for the Wireless Internet of Things

Northeastern University, Boston, MA

web: bonati.xyz

web: northeastern.edu/wiot

Tuan Su Hoang

Aug 5, 2023, 7:13:32 PM8/5/23
to Colosseum Users
Dear Leonardo,

Tks a lot for your reply. I figure out the issue, it is because when I change RIC address in E2 script, i run build_odu without clean. So by adding clean option, everything works well now.

With all regards,
Tuan