Channel quality doesn't change across different scenarios

sar...@stanford.edu

Dec 13, 2022, 11:05:19 AM12/13/22
to Colosseum Users
Hi

I have been running some cellular scenarios with the SCOPE image. In particular I have tried running scenarios 1024, 1036, 1031, and 1017 which are mainly different to each other by the distance at which the UEs are located relative to the base station. I have also tested scenarios 1033, and 1018 where the UEs are expected to move around per this scenario list. Yet, I have been getting the same CQI ( around 6) and MCS (around 8-9) values for all the UEs in all the scenarios.

I was expecting to see different MCS values for different scenarios. In fact, in the past, I was getting MCS of around 17 for the scenario #1031.

I am not sure how to verify the signal emulation is correct in this setting. Can you please help me figure out why the signal strength doesn't change across the scenarios?

Regards,

Bonati, Leonardo

Dec 13, 2022, 11:12:37 AM12/13/22
to sar...@stanford.edu, Colosseum Users

Dear Serhat,

Are you using Q4? (There are currently some minor issues with this quadrant that we are working to resolve.)

Regards,

Leonardo

--

Leonardo Bonati

Associate Research Scientist

Institute for the Wireless Internet of Things

Northeastern University, Boston, MA

web: bonati.xyz

web: northeastern.edu/wiot

Serhat Arslan

Dec 13, 2022, 11:18:22 AM12/13/22
to Bonati, Leonardo, Colosseum Users
Hi Leonardo,

Yes, the reservation system keeps giving me nodes from Q4. Though I managed to get some nodes from Q2 by clicking on octoclock requirement last time. However the cellular connections were never established in that reservation.

Do you have an estimate on when the issues on Q4 will be resolved?

Is there any other way to force reservation system to allocate non-Q4 nodes?

Thanks,

Serhat Arslan
Stanford | ENGINEERING
Electrical Engineering

Bonati, Leonardo

Dec 13, 2022, 11:20:53 AM12/13/22
to Serhat Arslan, Colosseum Users

Dear Serhat,

We are going to look into this issue in the next maintenance. Checking the OctoClock field would be the best way to force allocation on the other quadrants.

Regards,

Leonardo