xterm color palettes

John Eikenberry

Feb 22, 2008, 11:18:54 PM2/22/08
to colorsch...@googlegroups.com

I've been working on some vim color schemes recently for both 256 and 88
color xterms. When I ran across Agave today I thought I would be
interesting to use for that work.

Thus I made up an xterm-256 and xterm-88 color palette for Agave. I thought
they might make interesting additions. So here they are (attached).

One thing that would make them more useful is if Agave included the color
title in the display. That way I could use the title field to display the
terminal numeric escape code which is what is used in the theme files.

Either way. Nice program. Thanks!

--

John Eikenberry
[j...@zhar.net - http://zhar.net]

Xterm-88.gpl
Xterm-256.gpl

eikenberry

Feb 22, 2008, 11:27:41 PM2/22/08
to Agave Development
Just noticed something that suggested another feature request.

It would be nice if there was a way to limit the color scheme to the
colors available in the palette. Maybe a 'lock to palette' option or
something.

Thanks.

Jonathon Jongsma

Feb 24, 2008, 5:59:57 PM2/24/08

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 23:18 -0500, John Eikenberry wrote:
> I've been working on some vim color schemes recently for both 256 and 88
> color xterms. When I ran across Agave today I thought I would be
> interesting to use for that work.
>
> Thus I made up an xterm-256 and xterm-88 color palette for Agave. I thought
> they might make interesting additions. So here they are (attached).

Nice work. I wonder how many people would find xterm palettes useful.
Certainly some people would find it quite useful, but I wonder if it's
enough to include them in the default install. Ideally there would be
some sort of online repository where people could share, browse and
install new palettes... What do you think?

> One thing that would make them more useful is if Agave included the color
> title in the display. That way I could use the title field to display the
> terminal numeric escape code which is what is used in the theme files.

Where would you like this information displayed?

> Either way. Nice program. Thanks!

Thanks. I'm glad you find it useful

--
Jonner

Jonathon Jongsma

Feb 24, 2008, 6:01:19 PM2/24/08
to colorsch...@googlegroups.com

Yes, this is a commonly-requested feature :) Unfortunately I don't have
a lot of time for agave development lately, since other projects are
taking a lot of my time, but I will try to do it sometime.
Thanks for your feedback.
--
Jonner