color hug error - new_disprd() failed

torsten.s...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017, 7:58:12 AM3/8/17
to colorhug-users
Hi,

I still use the ColorHug ( the older HW version FW: 1.2.6)

I tried after an update to Ubuntu 16.04 to calibrate my screens but . . . got the error as in the subject.

Argyll, Displaycal, colord are all the leatest versions

Attached you may find the output of "ENABLE_COLORHUG=1 spotread -yl -D9" ( I found in an older thread )

any ideas ??
cheers
colorhug.txt

Bruno Pagani

Mar 8, 2017, 3:15:19 PM3/8/17
to colorhu...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Just to add to the topic, I had the same issue very recently, but I had to go 9000 km from my ColorHug before having the time to report this issue.

I had started a calibration in DisplayCal with maximum default testchart size (which should be roughly 4 hours), but when I went back after two hours the screen went off and the calibration was stuck in the middle of the process. Not sure in which order this happened/what caused the other (the screen going off blocking the process or the process being blocked allowing the screen to goes off, since I expect the calibration to inhibit screen off behaviour).

But after that, the status was that any attempt to restart a calibration process resulted in the first raw of 4 measurements to go OK, but a new_disprd() failed happens right after that. I’ve tried removing any file related to ColorHug/DisplayCal/Argyll from my computer, rebooting, reinstalling everything, but that didn’t change anything.

BTW, this is a ColorHug2.

I’ll be back to where my device is in a bit more than one month, will try again at this point and get more logs if instructed how to get them in the case this issue wouldn’t be solved by then.

Regards,
Bruno

signature.asc

Graeme Gill

Mar 8, 2017, 5:02:30 PM3/8/17
torsten.s...@gmail.com wrote:

> I tried after an update to Ubuntu 16.04 to calibrate my screens but . . . got the error as
> in the subject.

There's no sign of that error (new_disprd() failed) in the trace
you included in your email.

Graeme Gill.

stefanh...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2017, 1:56:38 PM4/23/17
to colorhug-users
I've just run into the same issue. Laptop specs: Dell XPS 13 9360 (USB 3.0 ports) running Arch Linux 64-bit.

I have both a ColorHug 1 and 2, both exhibit the same problem at the same stage in DisplayCal and manual Argyll tool invocations. I started out with Argyll 1.9.2, then built 1.9.4 beta (latest dev zip), both having the error with both devices. Then I downgraded to the previous official Arch package, Argyll 1.8.3 and things finally worked without any issue.

Bruno Pagani

Apr 29, 2017, 10:56:53 AM4/29/17
to colorhu...@googlegroups.com, stefanh...@gmail.com
Interesting, thanks! So this seems to be an issue with ArgyllCMS, and
apparently has been reported for another device at least:
https://www.freelists.org/post/argyllcms/about-error-new-disprd-failed-with-instrument-access-failed.

Not sure how to report errors in ArgyllCMS efficiently. Probably the ML?

signature.asc