Unable to load correct calibration map

stefano cereda

Mar 31, 2018, 7:34:43 AM3/31/18
to colorhug-users
Hi,
I'm having some issues in using my CH2. Here's a brief history of what I did.
 I bought the CH2 maybe two years ago and it worked like a charm up to the past month, when I tried it on a new laptop (thinkpad t460s) and began having issues.

First of all I was unable to make it work with dispcalGUI under arch linux as I kept receiveing an "intrument access failed" (like in [1]), I solved this by downgrading aryllcms to 1.8.3.
Then I tried to calibrate my monitor, but the resulting calibration was way too red (I've been using CH2 for more than one year, I know that 6500K are more red than usual, but this was really too much).

When running colorhug-cmd get-calibration I got the following matrix:
0.64 -0.06 -0.02
0.03 0.63 -0.02
-0.11 0.05 0.78

I tried to colorhug-cmd reset and colorhub-ccmx --repair, but then I obtained the following matrix:
( 0,00  -0,06   -0,02   )
( 0,00  0,00    -0,02   )
( -0,11 0,00    0,00    )
Which is wrong.

I updated the firmware to 2.0.7 with fwupdmgr and reset again the matrix, with no change at all.
If I run colorhug-cmd get-multiplier (and many more commands) I get the following error:
usb:00:04: Invalid read: retval=0x01 [Unknown command] cmd=0x03 [get-multiplier] (expected 0x3 [get-multiplier]) len=64 (expected 3 or 64)

What can I do to restore it?
Thanks in advance!

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/colorhug-users/W-zqsJ7QD4w

P.S. I think I've made a double post.. Sorry for that, my cat jumped on the keyboard...

Richard Hughes

Apr 3, 2018, 9:05:13 AM4/3/18
to colorhu...@googlegroups.com
On 31 March 2018 at 12:26, stefano cereda <cered...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to colorhug-cmd reset and colorhub-ccmx --repair, but then I
> obtained the following matrix:
> ( 0,00 -0,06 -0,02 )
> ( 0,00 0,00 -0,02 )
> ( -0,11 0,00 0,00 )
> Which is wrong.

Old versions of lcms2 got upset about ',' being used as the decimal
separator; can you try running with LANG=C and trying again?

Richard.

stefano cereda

Apr 3, 2018, 1:27:59 PM4/3/18
to colorhug-users
Il giorno martedì 3 aprile 2018 15:05:13 UTC+2, Richard Hughes ha scritto:

Old versions of lcms2 got upset about ',' being used as the decimal
separator; can you try running with LANG=C and trying again?

Richard.

Yes, that did the trick and the calibration is now correctly loaded! However, I still have this error with get-multiplier:
usb:00:01: Invalid read: retval=0x01 [Unknown command] cmd=0x03 [get-multiplier] (expected 0x3 [get-multiplier]) len=64 (expected 3 or 64)

Can I ignore it?
Thanks.

Richard Hughes

Apr 3, 2018, 1:30:15 PM4/3/18
On 3 April 2018 at 18:13, stefano cereda <cered...@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, I still have this error with get-multiplier:
> usb:00:01: Invalid read: retval=0x01 [Unknown command] cmd=0x03
> [get-multiplier] (expected 0x3 [get-multiplier]) len=64 (expected 3 or 64)
> Can I ignore it?

Yes, only ColorHug1 has the multiplier, the ColorHug2 doesn't have it.
I'm a bit perplexed why the client tools are trying to use it :)

Richard.