Boone carpooling and snow

Michael Turek

Jan 28, 2024, 11:36:18 AMJan 28
to Colorado Randonneuring
Hi NOCO randos,
Boone next weekend;

Snow - we’ll be watching the weather.  I need this ride as I’m traveling for work most of Feb 😥…and the ride itself looks good…so I’m biased against delaying.  We appreciate impact on randos so John might still make a call to delay…standby…and I preride…with a new leader (Vern?)  hey, some forecasts say just rain in Denver on but not Palmer divide…Rashid reminded me of our nightmare drive back from Boone in October!

Carpool - if you are still undeterred and want to join for a 6 hour return or risk of having to hotel in Pueblo or somewhere else on Saturday…reach out to me 🥺

Mike

Jason Turner

Jan 28, 2024, 5:12:26 PMJan 28
to Michael Turek, Colorado Randonneuring
Sorry, but count me out.

-  Jason

Trent Cooper

Jan 28, 2024, 6:18:23 PMJan 28
to Colorado Randonneuring, Michael Turek
Unfortunately, I don't think I am going to be able to make this one either.

Trent

Debbie Beltran Bush

Jan 29, 2024, 10:36:47 AMJan 29
to Michael Turek, Colorado Randonneuring
Thank you for the invite Mike. My son is at home so can't take that time and also risks spending the night in Pueblo and not returning home 😅.
Hope you guys have a blast!

Michael Turek

Jan 30, 2024, 8:49:31 PMJan 30
to Colorado Randonneuring
Hi all - ride has been moved to Sunday due to snow.  (Not in Boone, but no one from NOCO can get there!)

We believe highways be clear enough early Sunday morning for the drive.🤞

Interested in carpooling?

Mike

David Weigel

Jan 31, 2024, 1:38:36 PMJan 31
to Colorado Randonneuring
Hey Mike -

I'm considering it, so count me as a maybe.

 - David

Lloyd Jones

Jan 31, 2024, 9:49:56 PMJan 31
to Colorado Randonneuring
Hi Mike,

 I echo David's sentiments. I'm a definite maybe as I check 4 different weather sites about every 15 minutes.

 Thanks!

  Lloyd

Daniel Tom

Feb 1, 2024, 6:24:45 PMFeb 1
to Colorado Randonneuring
Hi Everyone,

Newbie member here, looking forward to meeting everyone!  I live in Salida/BV area and am planning weather permitting on going to this.

Best,

Daniel

John Lee Ellis

Feb 2, 2024, 9:44:25 AMFeb 2
to Daniel Tom, Colorado Randonneuring
Welcome to our group and to randonneuring, Dan!  Hope you can join us this weekend.

-john

Michelle Grainger

Feb 2, 2024, 10:50:49 AMFeb 2
to John Lee Ellis, Daniel Tom, Colorado Randonneuring
Welcome to the Group and the Club. Salida is a beautiful area.

Hope you all are able to ride together and that the weather doesn’t put a hold on the ride.

Michelle

Michelle Grainger
michelle...@gmail.com
www.athleticexcellence.net
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/colorandonnee/CAO98i9zdjn7Dy2HGVdLuDqTkNq4GUOiR3ZawU58VXigdYqyuMw%40mail.gmail.com.

Jim Howell

Feb 3, 2024, 3:32:11 PMFeb 3
to Michael Turek, Colorado Randonneuring
Is this still on for tomorrow? Pretty onerous forecasts for those of us coming from the north:

1140 AM MST Sat Feb 3 2024

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM MST SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow. Total snow accumulations between 6 and 12
inches.

* WHERE...Castle Rock and nearby areas to Monument.

* WHEN...Until 5 AM MST Sunday. The heaviest snow will fall late
this morning through most of the afternoon, with light snow
Saturday night into early Sunday morning.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult, especially this
afternoon through evening.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency. The latest road conditions for
Colorado can be obtained by calling 5 1 1 or by going to
www.cotrip.org.

Thanks,

Jim

Michael Turek

Feb 3, 2024, 3:39:10 PMFeb 3
to Jim Howell, Colorado Randonneuring
Yes

Dan Driscoll

Jun 4, 2024, 10:22:18 PMJun 4
to Colorado Randonneuring
Colorado Randos,

Many of you know Pam and I from Rando riding, it would be our pleasure to see and ride with as many of you as possible, if it works out for you.

This will actually be our first Brevet in Colorado.

Our plan is to drive up for the UAF 200km Brevet this Saturday. Hope to see ya there

Dan and Pam from Texas

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Randonneuring" group.