Re: [colorando] Digest for colorandonnee@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Michael Turek

May 26, 2024, 5:24:45 PMMay 26
to colora...@googlegroups.com
Thank you John Lee!
Audax is perfect for folks that are worried about riding alone on their first or first in a while 200k.  We ride together by design at a 14 mph; or 11h 30m to 12h 30m pace, with a mandatory full lunch stop.

Check the archives and ask folks who rode last year…we had a blast!

Reach out with questions or concerns!

See ya!
Mike

On Sun, May 26, 2024 at 10:40 AM <colora...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
John Lee Ellis <jell...@gmail.com>: May 25 12:30PM -0700

Here is the new *route for our Roggen Audax 200k*
<https://ridewithgps.com/routes/46820212>, Saturday, June 8. Luncheon will
be at The Pepper Pod <https://www.thepepperpod.com/> in Hudson. *IMPORTANT*:
If you are fairly certain you'll be riding, even if you have not yet
registered, please reply here or send me a note. The Pepper Pod requires
reservations for parties over 8 people.

Any questions about the fascinating randonneuring format called Audax,
check out this *Audax Intro* <https://rusa.org/pages/audax-intro>, or feel
free to ask me or Mike Turek.

Thanks!

-jle
John Lee Ellis <jell...@gmail.com>: May 25 12:53PM -0700

Added note (which I thought I'd sent out, but didn't): this replaces the
VGV (Vail - Glenwood Springs - Vail) route, because we couldn't be sure the
Glenwood Canyon Trail would be open. On the plus side, the Niwot start
will be less driving, and the lunch spot looks great.

-jle

Michael Turek

Jun 2, 2024, 3:12:56 PMJun 2
to colora...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Reminder to register or send me note if you plan to attend audax…I’ll do final count and call pepper pod to update them sat morning, but advance RSVP is welcome.

Another note:  if you have a steel bike, older the better, bring it along … I’ll be riding my 1983 Trek…plastic, Ti, and Al are welcome to!

Mike