Glen Haven 300k 5/11

John Lee Ellis

May 5, 2024, 7:27:11 PMMay 5
to Colorado Randonneuring
I've decided to move to the version of the route from last year's Colorado Front Range 1200k. It omits the climb to Jamestown (a favorite, I realize) and gets you to the base of the Big Thompson climb earlier in the day. We also head to Fort Lupton (and competing new hamburger restaurants) rather than Brighton. Rd. 23, to get you there, is a short but delightful segment with nice land and farmhouses. Folks on the CFR 1200 found the late afternoon jaunt up to the "fruit loop" spurs of Apple Valley Road and Old S. St. Vrain Road quiet and delightful ... as you can read in the latest issue of American Randonneur.

Here is the route (also updated in the schedule).  Enjoy!

-john lee

Blossoms on Old South St. Vrain Rd.
glen-haven-300k-old-s-st-vrain.jpg

John Lee Ellis

May 9, 2024, 9:27:28 AMMay 9
to Colorado Randonneuring
Route change: Mark Lowe reminded me that construction on 95th St. is well under way now, so I've moved the return to take 75th St.

RWGPS route updated - make sure you re-download.

-jle