Lefthand Canyon 400k/600k brevets - June 1

John Lee Ellis

May 29, 2024, 10:10:35 AMMay 29
to Colorado Randonneuring
I've posted the revised route for the 400k loop on this weekend's 400k and 600k brevets. Looks like reasonable weather for our ride!

-jle

John Lee Ellis

May 31, 2024, 10:27:11 AMMay 31
to Colorado Randonneuring
(1) Thanks for everyone's feedback about the Lefthand - St. Vrain Canyon segment. We'll be sticking with that rather than turning around at Sawmill Rd. (2) I've corrected a minor glitch early in the RWGPS route. (3) There are signs for a bike race west of Niwot on Saturday. From what I can tell, it shouldn't affect us, except maybe on US-36, and there are no road closures indicated.

Weather looks good for the weekend. But warmer - stay hydrated!

-jle

Kevin Klaes

May 31, 2024, 4:33:23 PMMay 31
to Colorado Randonneuring
I am riding right now and at 150 miles in there are two minor route issues.

When Bella Rosa becomes Pine Cone there is a tiny detour. It’s really simple through a neighborhood. The bike path on the golf course is not open.

The second is maybe just some work during the week but Riverside is closed to through traffic and I just rerouted to 7 via Peak to Peak.

John Lee Ellis

May 31, 2024, 5:20:55 PMMay 31
to Kevin Klaes, Colorado Randonneuring
Thanks, Kevin.

Ah yes, there is culvert work near Raymond. I'll reroute on RWGPS.

Thanks for the info!

-john

Tim Foon Feldman

May 31, 2024, 7:00:56 PMMay 31
to John Lee Ellis, Kevin Klaes, Colorado Randonneuring
The culvert work on Riverside Drive near Raymond was passable 2 weeks ago with a short walk on dirt, and the work site was not active on that Saturday, that is there was no one there.