Re: [colorando] Digest for colorandonnee@googlegroups.com - 7 updates in 2 topics

Michael Turek

May 30, 2024, 9:30:39 PMMay 30
to colora...@googlegroups.com
Hi John - peak to peak is spectacular - no views if we drop back down lefthand.

Thanks for clarifying - right no change I was looking at the other course!

Mike

On Thu, May 30, 2024 at 10:41 <colora...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Michael Turek <michael...@gmail.com>: May 29 09:29PM -0600

Just curious, reason for removing Estes?

Thanks John’
Mike

Brett Sterling <brettas...@gmail.com>: May 30 06:17AM -0600

Ooh - good question! That was one of my favorite parts of the ride. And
I'd rather ride down into Estes than down St. Vrain Canyon :-)

Brett

On Wed, May 29, 2024 at 9:30 PM Michael Turek <michael...@gmail.com>
wrote:

John Lee Ellis <jell...@gmail.com>: May 30 06:56AM -0600

That could be an idea some day. But Estes Park + Glen Haven is on the
later-June 400k (the one that climbs St. Vrain Canyon). The Lefthand Canyon
400k has never gone through Estes.

On Thu, May 30, 2024 at 6:17 AM Brett Sterling <brettas...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Brett Sterling <brettas...@gmail.com>: May 30 07:01AM -0600

Oh that's right. I guess it's just been too long since I rode the longer
brevets :-)

And from that standpoint, I actually like the variety (i.e. this one down 7
and the other one up through Estes) - for me, it makes it more appealing to
ride the different longer brevets.

Thanks!
Brett

John Lee Ellis <jell...@gmail.com>: May 29 11:32AM -0700

A rider has expressed a preference for keeping the course similar to recent
times and turning around at Sawmill Road and descending back down Lefthand
Canyon. (This was originally put in place when Hwy. 7 was closed.)

Advantages are it's a quieter route overall (vs. the Peak-to-Peak, Lyons,
and Hwy. 66), and you pass by the Mtn Ftn in Hygiene.

Your preferences?

-jle
John Lee Ellis <jell...@gmail.com>: May 29 11:35AM -0700

*P. S. Happy riders on the Front Range 1200 at Sawmill Rd.*
[image: cfr-lefthand-05-pascal-mark-mike-patrick.jpg]
Kevin Klaes <kevin...@gmail.com>: May 29 07:06PM -0700

7 is a steady enough grade descending that I find it preferable to the
highway miles on 36. Peak to Peak is gorgeous.