Which 1200k in 2025?

John Lee Ellis

Jun 17, 2024, 5:51:21 PMJun 17
to Colorado Randonneuring
RUSA is now asking 1200k+ organizers to indicate by July 31 of the prior year (i.e., this year for 2025) if and when (and which) 1200k+ they might organize. This is for better planning among the 1200k+ organizers.

I know this is early - on the eve of our CHC'24 - but any opinion about which, if any, grand randonnée we should run next year?  Some possible answers:
  • Last Chance in September - since it's next "on the rotation" of our 1200k's
  • Last Chance in June, when things would be greener and the days longer
  • Front Range -  requires very little support and logistics, and has mountains
  • give it a rest in 2025
  • some new idea, or revised course
Thanks for your thoughts!

-jle

Catherine Shenk photo
lastchance2008pix-cs-sunrise.jpg

Colin Allen

Jun 21, 2024, 12:54:13 PM (12 days ago) Jun 21
to John Lee Ellis, Colorado Randonneuring
Hi John,

I'd be keen to give Mark Lowe's Mountains and Deserts route a try. My understanding is that the construction work on US-50 is supposed to be completed later this year.

Colin Allen
RUSA #15866

Brent Myers