72 Hour Update

Christopher Clark

Aug 11, 2021, 5:19:56 PM8/11/21
to Colorado Star Party 2021
We're now about 72 hours out and here's an update!

Guests/dogs

A few folks have been asking about bringing other friends and/or dogs and the answer is always yes! Right now we're looking at ~18 people max and at least 4 dogs. We'll be in a site with more than enough space for our whole group to camp together with as much distancing as we all feel is necessary, so group size is not an issue.

Smoke / Forecast

Our wildfire haze in CO has not been good this week but it is improving. Check out this ClearDarkSky page (or this one that's also close to our location) and note the row for the smoke prediction gradually improving between now and Saturday. This is a good sign, but we'll just have to wait and see how much we can see.

Otherwise, weather forecast looks to be highs in the low 70s, lows around 50, and partly cloudy with a 30% chance of rain, clearing in the evening. Come prepared!

Fire

Park County currently has no fire restrictions! This means we can have a well-managed campfire. Please consider bringing a bundle of firewood to contribute (don't feel obligated though... if every party that's coming brought wood we'd probably have too much).

Location

Still refer to the full event details page here. I'll be arriving to (hopefully) claim the site described there on Friday mid-day (and if already occupied, find an alternate). You can expect to see a response to this email with confirmation of the final location some time on Friday afternoon.

**

And that's it! Hope to see you Saturday.

--

Chris