BMW i introduces the first-ever BMW i8.

Rick Green

Sep 10, 2013, 4:08:22 PM9/10/13
to colorado-n...@googlegroups.com

Begin forwarded message:

From: BMW of North America <bmw...@emails.bmwusa.com>
Date: September 10, 2013 11:30:32 AM MDT
Subject: BMW i introduces the first-ever BMW i8.

The plug-in hybrid BMW i8.     View Online
BMW
THE SPORTS CAR, REDEFINED.
Following in the footsteps of the BMW i3, the first-ever, plug-in hybrid BMW i8 is sure to make a grand statement on the open road. The long-awaited arrival of this revolutionary vehicle is nearly upon us. Taking the power of a BMW TwinPower Turbo engine and the efficiency of an all-electric motor, the BMW i8 boasts a combined maximum 362 hp with 420 lb-ft of torque for an exhilarating driving experience. Drivers can take advantage of various driving modes like COMFORT, ECO PRO, or SPORT to maximize efficiency or performance.

As a plug-in hybrid, this vehicle can also travel 22 electric miles while achieving up to 94 mpg. And as it launches from 0–60 mph in under 4.5 seconds, people will be sure to look. But it’ll be hard to stare.
Experience the BMW i8
BMW i. BORN ELECTRIC.bmwusa.com/bmwi

THE FUTURE IS NOW WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE.

The BMW i3 is not only groundbreaking in its design, it’s groundbreaking in cost with a starting price of $41,350 (before state and federal tax incentives). The BMW i3 offers a range of 80–100 miles on a single charge, providing more than enough electric range to accommodate the average driver. In our all-electric BMW ActiveE Field Trial, our drivers—the BMW Electronauts—are averaging only around 35 miles/day.*

However, with BMW i3 with Range Extender, starting at $45,200, you can nearly double your range. Its two-cylinder combustion engine generates electricity that maintains the charge of the lithium-ion battery.

» FIND OUT MORE

GET THE LATEST BMW ELECTRIC VEHICLE NEWS + UPDATESFacebookTwitterYoutubeg+

* The information above is based upon data generated by the Electronauts driving their BMW ActiveE vehicle. Presented calculations are approximations and actual figures may differ due to data rounding. Statistics and figures do not account for alternative electricity generation options (e.g., solar, wind) that may be used by some Electronauts. The data is sent via the BMW ActiveE Telematics Service and transferred via GSM, which may result in loss of data where reception is not available.

Don’t forget to add bmw...@emails.bmwusa.com to your Address Book to keep it from skipping your inbox or getting caught in spam filters.

We want your experience with the BMW website to be as smooth and reassuring as driving a BMW. Accordingly, we diligently safeguard your privacy. If you wish to review our Privacy Policy at any time, please click on the link below, or copy and paste it into your Web browser’s location window. http://www.bmwusa.com/about/privacy.html

We’d like to keep you up-to-date on the latest BMW electric vehicle products, news and events via email. If, however, you’d like to stop receiving them, you can unsubscribe at any time.

Please note that we are located at 300 Chestnut Ridge Road, Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677. ©2013 BMW of North America, LLC. The BMW name, model names and logo are registered trademarks. For more information call 1-800-831-1117 or go to www.bmwusa.com.