Fwd: An important note about Xcel and its solar customers

todd ricker

Oct 15, 2013, 10:19:58 AM10/15/13
to colorado-n...@googlegroups.com
Thought the group might be interested in this.

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: An important note about Xcel and its solar customers
Date: October 14, 2013 2:02:04 PM MDT
View with images | View text version
SolarCity - Go to our website

Dear Solar Ally,

I don't make the decision to contact you lightly, but I want to fill you in on Xcel's plans for Colorado's solar industry.

Rooftop solar is a classic Colorado success story–it's creating jobs across the state and empowering Coloradans like you to save money while reducing fossil fuel consumption. But Xcel wants to stop solar's progress in its tracks. The utility's strategy is to attack net metering policy, which gives solar customers fair credit for the surplus electricity their solar panels return to the grid for neighbors to consume.

To help explain what's happening, we created this video:

Please share this video on facebook, twitter, or email-- we want everyone engaged in the fight to protect the state's solar industry.

Xcel is about to mount a PR campaign against solar, and they're going to talk a lot about 'fairness'. But it's not surprising that a monopoly's idea of fairness is very different from what's fair to the people of Colorado.

Let's get the conversation started on our terms. Please watch and share this video, and let us know what you think about it. We'll be in touch with updates as they occur.

Thank you,

Lyndon Rive
CEO, SolarCity

grey

This email was sent to todd....@comcast.net. SolarCity respects your privacy. We do not rent or sell email addresses. Read our privacy policy.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Have a question, comment, concern or compliment?
Call us at 888-765-2489, email or write to: SolarCity 3055 Clearview Way San Mateo, CA, 94402
© 2013 SolarCity. All Rights Reserved.

Victor

Oct 15, 2013, 11:54:35 AM10/15/13
to colorado-n...@googlegroups.com
I have IREA - they simply dont have any subsidies nor do they show any desire to implement them in the future - and pretend to not care of state legislation. BTW - net metering isnt enough from what I understand - U need Net metering and Time-of-Use combined - IREA doesnt have capabilities to do so - apparently special meter is needed and they simply dont have it - what a joke

Sent from my iPad