Dietary restrictions?

JEFF NEWBERRY

Jul 5, 2021, 9:48:35 AM7/5/21
to Colorado High Country 1200k
John Lee, just a self-interested query as to the availability of vegetarian food at the Walden overnight? I know you've got your hands full, but is there a survey forthcoming for the handful of us who may be concerned about glutton, meat-free, etc? Speaking for myself, simple offerings such as pasta and red sauce would be great, though a problem can arise when early arriving omnivores wipe out the veggie fare-- labeling/separating the containers is helpful here.

Still on the topic of Walden overnight-- will the command center/dining cabin be manned throughout the wee hours for folks who want to grab breakfast/coffee early early to get a jump on the day?

many thanks!
Jeff

John Lee Ellis

Jul 5, 2021, 1:20:33 PM7/5/21
to JEFF NEWBERRY, Colorado High Country 1200k
Jeff,

Yes, we have already discussed vegetarian options, and plan on offering them. Much of the food will be pre-packaged, so it will be easy to label them.  And there will be a survey coming in the next day or two.

Secondly, the command and food center will have food available throughout the night and early morning to get you going before you head out. And yes, that would definitely include coffee / hot water. :-)

-john lee