Travel experiences with RTD

Graham Ross

Jul 9, 2021, 8:54:36 AM7/9/21
to Colorado High Country 1200k
Hi All,
I arrived yesterday. Some notes:
- From baggage claim follow signs for RTD buses. You go down a long outdoor escalator (I was told I could use an elevator inside the Westin instead).
Buy a RTD ticket at a machine. Or use the app. I used the app, because I anticipate doing it again apres-brevet.
- You need the $10.50 whole-system-all-day-with-airport ticket. I figured I’d have to tell the machine where I was going, AB bus, etc. But the few other choices were obviously not for me,
- Which was ironic/funny/sad because a friendly woman had offered me her ticket for free, but I didn’t think I could use her ticket (she had intended to take the train) and she gave it to somebody else.
- Walk away from the rail tracks, north, about 100 feet, toward a  street, and at that curb you catch the AB bus.
- The bus has baggage bays underneath, like a Greyhound. Tell the driver you’re getting off at McCaslin. It’s fast and comfy.
- And it drops you at the ass end of nowhere.
- Arguably an easy walk to the Quality Inn, but
- I’m in the La Quinta, which is a 1km walk from the bus stop, so I called a Lyft XL!
Graham Ross

Charlie Martin

Jul 11, 2021, 9:55:35 AM7/11/21
to gra...@orangehouse.us, Colorado High Country 1200k
I tried the Westin to get to the lower level since the elevator sounded appealing. Don't bother. You have to take an escalator to get to the elevator. So far Graham's cues are working great.

- Charlie

Rob Tulloh

Jul 11, 2021, 5:11:29 PM7/11/21
to Charlie Martin, gra...@orangehouse.us, Colorado High Country 1200k
Be sure to turn on your bike GPS  and let it find satellites before you start the ride tomorrow.

RobT

Thai Nguyen

Jul 11, 2021, 6:00:24 PM7/11/21
to Colorado High Country 1200k
I sweeped up much of the broken glass as you leave Quality Inn (QI) onto Dillon Road, but best to stay left on the turn.

I also found a Cygolite Hotspot pro at outside entrance of QI at 15:15; see attached. I'll leave it at the safety check in.

Thai

--
20210711_154139.jpg

John Lee Ellis

Jul 11, 2021, 8:11:39 PM7/11/21
to Thai Nguyen, Colorado High Country 1200k
Thank you, Thai!

See everyone tomorrow morning.

-john